Replaying edits on different instance?

Stephan Eggermont-3
Does anyone use Pier with a local instance replaying the changes
on a production image?

Stephan

Re: Replaying edits on different instance?

Tudor Girba-2
No, but I would love to.

Doru

On Jul 12, 2013, at 7:17 PM, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does anyone use Pier with a local instance replaying the changes
> on a production image?
>
> Stephan

www.tudorgirba.com

"Innovation comes in the least expected form.
That is, if it is expected, it already happened."

Pier exporter

DiegoLont
Hi all,

I used the pier code exporter, and it looks like it works great. Only one error during the export, but that was fixed easily:

The method "kernelFromDispatcherConfiguration: dispatcherPath"
sends the following message:
        handler configuration valueAt: #kernel

#valueAt: does not work. In WAConfiguration this message is deprecated, and one should use #at:

Can someone change this code or give me rights to send in this patch?

Cheers,
Diego

Re: Pier exporter

Damien Cassou

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: Replaying edits on different instance?

Stephan Eggermont-3
Combining Sven's manual with this code export and a cron job to
get the latest metacello versions from smalltalkhub, should be enough
to make it work, I think. Time for 'Building and deploying your first CMS
with Pharo'

Stephan

Re: Pier exporter

DiegoLont
Thx,

I have committed the patch. Now I am trying to make a configuration loading pier3, but I am walking into the following issues:
Pier3 needs Seaside3.1
Magritte3 and JQueryWidgetBox both use the stable version of Seaside, and that is version 3.0.8.
I am willing to update the configurations of these projects, but then I need rights. Can someone give me rights to Magritte, so I can create a version 3.1 (development version) that uses version 3.1 of Seaside.

Who do I need to talk to for JQueryWidgetBox?

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 3:38 PM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have committed the patch. Now I am trying to make a configuration loading
> pier3, but I am walking into the following issues:
> Pier3 needs Seaside3.1

shouldn't that be fixed to depend on the latest stable version of
Seaside instead of the unstable 3.1?

> Magritte3 and JQueryWidgetBox both use the stable version of Seaside, and
> that is version 3.0.8.
> I am willing to update the configurations of these projects, but then I need
> rights. Can someone give me rights to Magritte, so I can create a version
> 3.1 (development version) that uses version 3.1 of Seaside.

done

> Who do I need to talk to for JQueryWidgetBox?

no idea

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: Pier exporter

DiegoLont

On Jul 20, 2013, at 11:05 AM, Damien Cassou wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 3:38 PM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I have committed the patch. Now I am trying to make a configuration loading
>> pier3, but I am walking into the following issues:
>> Pier3 needs Seaside3.1
>

> shouldn't that be fixed to depend on the latest stable version of
> Seaside instead of the unstable 3.1?

Maybe, but I am not that familiar with the code of Pier. I only know that currently when I load Pier, and try to start it. It crashes. And when I look at a Pier3 image, it has Seaside 3.1 loaded.

>> Magritte3 and JQueryWidgetBox both use the stable version of Seaside, and
>> that is version 3.0.8.
>> I am willing to update the configurations of these projects, but then I need
>> rights. Can someone give me rights to Magritte, so I can create a version
>> 3.1 (development version) that uses version 3.1 of Seaside.
>
> done

Configurations updated. I have not fully tested them, I will do that tomorrow.

Making Magritte compatible with Pharo 2.0

DiegoLont
Hi all,

I was testing today how the image look with the new configuration, but it did not work well. There are a few issues that Pier3 is not yet compatible with Pharo 2.0.

The issue I have been working on is the issue of the MAExternalFileModel. It still uses FileDirectory, and that is no longer in Pharo 2.0.

So here are the options:
        1. I change the implementation to FileSystem, the new implementation in Pharo2.0. This is also available for Pharo1.4, but not loaded by default. Drawback of course is that I do not know if this is part of other platforms.
        2. I change this to make use of Grease. Problem here is that in Grease I do not have all functionality, so that means it should be implemented for all platforms. The main method that I miss is: exitsFileOrDirectory: aString (maybe with a parameter to indicate wether it needs of a certain type (Directory / File).

I gave a go at the second solution, and now that I am typing this mail, I realize that this is part of Magritte-Pharo-Model, so that the first solution is probably a better idea. Are there any objections implementing the first solution?

Cheers,
Diego

Version number

DiegoLont
Hi all,

as I have mailed before I have changed the configurations of JQueryWidgetBox, Magritte3 and Magritte3AddOns to allow for Seaside 3.1 to be loaded. I am now doubting the choice of version number for this. I have the following options:
        1. Should I create a minor version for this (so 3.1 for Magritte3 and 2.8 for JQueryWidgetBox)
        2. Should I create a patch version for this (so 3.0.1 for Magritte3 and 2.7.1 for JQueryWidgetBox)
        3. Should I mimic the version of Seaside3 (so 3.1 for both Magritte3 and JQueryWidgetBox)

I choose for option 1, but now that I rethink it, I am more inclined to choose option 2. What do you all think? I know that for Magritte I should make some minor changes (it still uses beSubmitOnChange), but basically it is the same version.

Cheers,
Diego

Re: Version number

Tudor Girba-2
I would go for option 1.

Doru

On Jul 23, 2013, at 7:28 PM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> as I have mailed before I have changed the configurations of JQueryWidgetBox, Magritte3 and Magritte3AddOns to allow for Seaside 3.1 to be loaded. I am now doubting the choice of version number for this. I have the following options:
> 1. Should I create a minor version for this (so 3.1 for Magritte3 and 2.8 for JQueryWidgetBox)
> 2. Should I create a patch version for this (so 3.0.1 for Magritte3 and 2.7.1 for JQueryWidgetBox)
> 3. Should I mimic the version of Seaside3 (so 3.1 for both Magritte3 and JQueryWidgetBox)
>
> I choose for option 1, but now that I rethink it, I am more inclined to choose option 2. What do you all think? I know that for Magritte I should make some minor changes (it still uses beSubmitOnChange), but basically it is the same version.
>
> Cheers,
> Diego

www.tudorgirba.com

"Obvious things are difficult to teach."

Re: Making Magritte compatible with Pharo 2.0

DiegoLont
Hi all,

Ok: After I refactored MAExternalFileModel I found there was also a Pharo20-Model package … but this version generated 3 failing tests, mine passes all. Besides, I think we do not need a different solution for Pharo 2.0 as loading of FileSystem will do. I added this to the configuration and committed all.

Cheers, Diego

On Jul 23, 2013, at 7:23 PM, Diego Lont wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was testing today how the image look with the new configuration, but it did not work well. There are a few issues that Pier3 is not yet compatible with Pharo 2.0.
>
> The issue I have been working on is the issue of the MAExternalFileModel. It still uses FileDirectory, and that is no longer in Pharo 2.0.
>
> So here are the options:
> 1. I change the implementation to FileSystem, the new implementation in Pharo2.0. This is also available for Pharo1.4, but not loaded by default. Drawback of course is that I do not know if this is part of other platforms.
> 2. I change this to make use of Grease. Problem here is that in Grease I do not have all functionality, so that means it should be implemented for all platforms. The main method that I miss is: exitsFileOrDirectory: aString (maybe with a parameter to indicate wether it needs of a certain type (Directory / File).
>
> I gave a go at the second solution, and now that I am typing this mail, I realize that this is part of Magritte-Pharo-Model, so that the first solution is probably a better idea. Are there any objections implementing the first solution?
>
> Cheers,
> Diego

Re: Pier exporter

Damien Cassou
On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 3:40 PM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Configurations updated. I have not fully tested them, I will do that tomorrow.

thank you very much

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 3:05 PM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ok: After I refactored MAExternalFileModel I found there was also a Pharo20-Model package … but this version generated 3 failing tests, mine passes all. Besides, I think we do not need a different solution for Pharo 2.0 as loading of FileSystem will do. I added this to the configuration and committed all.

thank you for all your work Diego.