Reproducible crashing the VM with a zipped fuel serialization

Reproducible crashing the VM with a zipped fuel serialization

Stephan Eggermont-3

I revisited my MonticelloProjects experiment yesterday, and am still crashing
the vm when serializing to a compressed fuel file. I wrote about it at the time,
and then gave up as the vm was less stable during that period.

http://forum.world.st/Working-with-a-compressed-Fuel-file-td4869105.html

and it looks like the issue referenced:

http://forum.world.st/Re-Pharo-project-GZipWriteStream-crashing-my-VM-when-serializing-td4177725.html

To reproduce in a pharo6 image:

|project|
Gofer it
        smalltalkhubUser: 'StephanEggermont' project: 'MonticelloProjects';
        package: 'MonticelloProjects';
        load.

project := (Smalltalk at: #MCProject) new location:
'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/StephanEggermont/Documentation/main'.
project read.
project saveToFile.

That reliably crashes in saveToFile.

It seems to be independent of 32/64 bit and mac/linux, as I tried some variations.

Stephan

crash.dmp (18K) Download Attachment
crash2.dmp (18K) Download Attachment

Re: Reproducible crashing the VM with a zipped fuel serialization

Stephan Eggermont-3

Any more information needed?

Stephan

Re: Reproducible crashing the VM with a zipped fuel serialization

Eliot Miranda-2

> On Jul 2, 2017, at 5:38 AM, stephan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Any more information needed?

No, just time :-/

> Stephan

Re: Reproducible crashing the VM with a zipped fuel serialization

Stephan Eggermont-3

> Op 3 jul. 2017 om 05:20 heeft Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> geschreven:
>
> No, just time :-/

No problem, if I find the time I'll try to create a smaller example.

Stephan

Re: Reproducible crashing the VM with a zipped fuel serialization

Stephan Eggermont-3

Still reproducible with current versions of Pharo7 and vm

Stephan

crash.dmp (16K) Download Attachment