Request for Windows test

HilaireFernandes
Hi,

A Windows user reported to me difficulty to start Dr. Geo.

Although I had success to run it in a Windows system, I will be glad if
some of you would mind testing it on their windows system, and report to
me success or failure along the used Windows system.

-> http://www.drgeo.eu/download

Thanks a lot

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Request for Windows test

webwarrior
Windows finds DrGeo.exe suspicious.
I guess the problem will disappear when enough users have launched it.

But it's usable anyway, you just have to click through the annoying dialog.

Re: Request for Windows test

Ben Coman
On 11 July 2018 at 18:19, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A Windows user reported to me difficulty to start Dr. Geo.
>
> Although I had success to run it in a Windows system, I will be glad if
> some of you would mind testing it on their windows system, and report to
> me success or failure along the used Windows system.

On Windows 10...
when I doubleclick "DrGeo.bat" I get a message...
    Windows protected your PC. Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an
    unrecognised app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.

and after clicking "More Info"
    Application: DrGeo.bat
    Publisher: Unknown publisher

and I could click "Run anyway"
after which DrGeo opened fine, and I could "Open a sketch" > "Examples", etc...

cheers -ben

Re: Request for Windows test

demarey
I also had the problem with PharoLauncher.
OS X and now Windows expect to have signed applications else they do not trust it.
If Dr Geo is signed with a proper certificate, it should solve the issue.

> Le 11 juil. 2018 à 17:05, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> On 11 July 2018 at 18:19, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> A Windows user reported to me difficulty to start Dr. Geo.
>>
>> Although I had success to run it in a Windows system, I will be glad if
>> some of you would mind testing it on their windows system, and report to
>> me success or failure along the used Windows system.
>
> On Windows 10...
> when I doubleclick "DrGeo.bat" I get a message...
>    Windows protected your PC. Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an
>    unrecognised app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.
>
> and after clicking "More Info"
>    Application: DrGeo.bat
>    Publisher: Unknown publisher
>
> and I could click "Run anyway"
> after which DrGeo opened fine, and I could "Open a sketch" > "Examples", etc...
>
> cheers -ben

Re: Request for Windows test

Jan Blizničenko
Hi

Windows 10 1803 64bit:
Running via DrGeo.bat, Pharo itself starts (I have SmartScreen disabled),
but when opened I receive multiple errors in (gray) info messages and I do
not see a way to use you app (if there should be any opened GUI or world
menu items).

2018-07-12.png <http://forum.world.st/file/t369698/2018-07-12.png>

Jan

Re: Request for Windows test

hernanmd
Running Windows 8.1 here. Success, no problem at all.
Impressive work BTW!

Cheers,

Hernán

> A Windows user reported to me difficulty to start Dr. Geo.
>
> Although I had success to run it in a Windows system, I will be glad if
> some of you would mind testing it on their windows system, and report to
> me success or failure along the used Windows system.
>
> -> http://www.drgeo.eu/download
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Hilaire
>
> --
> Dr. Geo
> http://drgeo.eu

Re: Request for Windows test

Esteban A. Maringolo
I tested it in Windows 7 Pro (English) with ES-Ar locale, and the app
launched perfectly in my local language.

I couldn't quickly figure out the app, but I played with the examples
and the app looks impressive. The performance is great on a pretty old
laptop.

Congratulations.

Regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Request for Windows test

HilaireFernandes
Thanks for your feedbacks.

Jan, when you click in the background do you have the Dr. Geo world
menu? If so can you open a sketchwhen selecting "Open a Sketch" ?

Thanks

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Request for Windows test

Jan Blizničenko
Hello

No, I have only default world menu there (same as with empty image). Note
that some of those errors in info messages I receive even for the empty
Pharo 7 image, so it's probably just me having issues with current Pharo 7,
not with your app itself.

Jan

HilaireFernandes wrote