Request for contribution (French Lille 1 student)

Request for contribution (French Lille 1 student)

Roman Acevedo
Hello, I'm Roman Acevedo a French student in the University of Lille 1 in the class "Open dev" under Stéphane Ducasse. Glad to meet you.
 We had a list of Pharo projects to choose from and I decided I wanted to contribute for Moose.
So I'm asking you if I could contribute in anyway on the project.

Have a nice day and thank you for reading me.

Re: Request for contribution (French Lille 1 student)

SergeStinckwich
Dear Roman,

welcome in our small community. You might first have a look to our issue tracker:

and find something that you could solve.

What is your level of knowledge about Moose ?
You can start with Moose book:

Regards,

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 2:28 PM, Roman Acevedo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello, I'm Roman Acevedo a French student in the University of Lille 1 in the class "Open dev" under Stéphane Ducasse. Glad to meet you.
 We had a list of Pharo projects to choose from and I decided I wanted to contribute for Moose.
So I'm asking you if I could contribute in anyway on the project.

Have a nice day and thank you for reading me.

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Request for contribution (French Lille 1 student)

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Welcome indeed!

Do you have something specific area in mind in which you would like to contribute, or can it be anything?

Cheers,
Doru

> On Feb 3, 2017, at 2:35 PM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Roman,
>
> welcome in our small community. You might first have a look to our issue tracker:
> https://github.com/moosetechnology/Moose/issues
>
> and find something that you could solve.
>
> What is your level of knowledge about Moose ?
> You can start with Moose book:
> http://themoosebook.org/
>
> Regards,
>
> On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 2:28 PM, Roman Acevedo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello, I'm Roman Acevedo a French student in the University of Lille 1 in the class "Open dev" under Stéphane Ducasse. Glad to meet you.
>  We had a list of Pharo projects to choose from and I decided I wanted to contribute for Moose.
> So I'm asking you if I could contribute in anyway on the project.
>
> Have a nice day and thank you for reading me.

> Serge Stinckwich
> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Beauty is where we see it."

Re: Request for contribution (French Lille 1 student)

Roman Acevedo
Hi again,
I don't really mind, the difficult point is that I can understand and later understand it.
I will post the result of my session in few minutes.

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 5:01 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Welcome indeed!

Do you have something specific area in mind in which you would like to contribute, or can it be anything?

Cheers,
Doru

> On Feb 3, 2017, at 2:35 PM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Roman,
>
> welcome in our small community. You might first have a look to our issue tracker:
> https://github.com/moosetechnology/Moose/issues
>
> and find something that you could solve.
>
> What is your level of knowledge about Moose ?
> You can start with Moose book:
> http://themoosebook.org/
>
> Regards,
>
> On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 2:28 PM, Roman Acevedo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello, I'm Roman Acevedo a French student in the University of Lille 1 in the class "Open dev" under Stéphane Ducasse. Glad to meet you.
>  We had a list of Pharo projects to choose from and I decided I wanted to contribute for Moose.
> So I'm asking you if I could contribute in anyway on the project.
>
> Have a nice day and thank you for reading me.

> Serge Stinckwich
> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Beauty is where we see it."

Re: Request for contribution (French Lille 1 student)

Roman Acevedo
Hello again,
so I looked among the issues on git and I am guessing you don't have the time to review, retry every update and reply to all the issues.

- https://github.com/moosetechnology/Moose/issues/1136
I'm not sure the problem of this one is still one since I wasn't able to reproduce the bug, or maybe I didn't get what the user wanted from the UI behavior.

- https://github.com/moosetechnology/Moose/issues/1128
Did the user wanted to being able to export in PNG the way it looked in the viewer (so maybe it wasn't a bug and he basically requested a new feature : to add and exportPNG button taking in account the zoom) or is the bug fixed ?. Because, here, again, I wasn't able (or didn't understood at all what the user wanted) to reproduce the bug ( all the png are the same despite changes in the zoom).

I am waiting for your answers to know if there is a fix to do or an new feature. Sorry in advance in the case I totally failed to understand the issues.

Don't hesitate to tell me if I'm using this mailing list wrong or anything else.

Thanks for your time. Have a nice day.

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 5:47 PM, Roman Acevedo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi again,
I don't really mind, the difficult point is that I can understand and later understand it.
I will post the result of my session in few minutes.

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 5:01 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Welcome indeed!

Do you have something specific area in mind in which you would like to contribute, or can it be anything?

Cheers,
Doru

> On Feb 3, 2017, at 2:35 PM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Roman,
>
> welcome in our small community. You might first have a look to our issue tracker:
> https://github.com/moosetechnology/Moose/issues
>
> and find something that you could solve.
>
> What is your level of knowledge about Moose ?
> You can start with Moose book:
> http://themoosebook.org/
>
> Regards,
>
> On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 2:28 PM, Roman Acevedo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello, I'm Roman Acevedo a French student in the University of Lille 1 in the class "Open dev" under Stéphane Ducasse. Glad to meet you.
>  We had a list of Pharo projects to choose from and I decided I wanted to contribute for Moose.
> So I'm asking you if I could contribute in anyway on the project.
>
> Have a nice day and thank you for reading me.

> Serge Stinckwich
> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Beauty is where we see it."

Re: Request for contribution (French Lille 1 student)

CyrilFerlicot
Le 03/02/2017 à 17:51, Roman Acevedo a écrit :
> Hello again,
> so I looked among the issues on git and I am guessing you don't have the
> time to review, retry every update and reply to all the issues.
>
> - https://github.com/moosetechnology/Moose/issues/1136
> I'm not sure the problem of this one is still one since I wasn't able to
> reproduce the bug, or maybe I didn't get what the user wanted from the
> UI behavior.

Hi,

This is indeed fixed. I closed the issue.

Thank you.

--
Cyril Ferlicot

http://www.synectique.eu

2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: Request for contribution (French Lille 1 student)

abergel
Hi!

Indeed, I cannot remember what was the detail. According to my original post, the problem was apparently obvious. Now, it is much less. I would simply close that issue.

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Request for contribution (French Lille 1 student)

SergeStinckwich
This is really nice that you take times to understand bugs and try to reproduce them. In fact you can discuss about bugs directly on the issue tracker.

Thank you

Envoyé de mon iPhone

> Le 3 févr. 2017 à 19:15, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi!
>
> Indeed, I cannot remember what was the detail. According to my original post, the problem was apparently obvious. Now, it is much less. I would simply close that issue.
>
> Alexandre
>
>> On Feb 3, 2017, at 1:51 PM, Roman Acevedo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> - https://github.com/moosetechnology/Moose/issues/1128
>> Did the user wanted to being able to export in PNG the way it looked in the viewer (so maybe it wasn't a bug and he basically requested a new feature : to add and exportPNG button taking in account the zoom) or is the bug fixed ?. Because, here, again, I wasn't able (or didn't understood at all what the user wanted) to reproduce the bug ( all the png are the same despite changes in the zoom).

Re: Request for contribution (French Lille 1 student)

abergel
Yes, this is valuable Roman

Alexandre

> On Feb 3, 2017, at 4:06 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> This is really nice that you take times to understand bugs and try to reproduce them. In fact you can discuss about bugs directly on the issue tracker.
>
> Thank you
>
> Envoyé de mon iPhone
>
>> Le 3 févr. 2017 à 19:15, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Indeed, I cannot remember what was the detail. According to my original post, the problem was apparently obvious. Now, it is much less. I would simply close that issue.
>>
>> Alexandre
>>
>>> On Feb 3, 2017, at 1:51 PM, Roman Acevedo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> - https://github.com/moosetechnology/Moose/issues/1128
>>> Did the user wanted to being able to export in PNG the way it looked in the viewer (so maybe it wasn't a bug and he basically requested a new feature : to add and exportPNG button taking in account the zoom) or is the bug fixed ?. Because, here, again, I wasn't able (or didn't understood at all what the user wanted) to reproduce the bug ( all the png are the same despite changes in the zoom).
>>
>> --
>> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
>> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Request for contribution (French Lille 1 student)

Tudor Girba-2

It is still a problem and I added a comment to the issue. The problem is that when you have a tiny visualization, your PNG will be tiny as well. We need a mechanism to save the PNG with an arbitrary zooming level.

Cheers,
Doru

> On Feb 3, 2017, at 7:15 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> Indeed, I cannot remember what was the detail. According to my original post, the problem was apparently obvious. Now, it is much less. I would simply close that issue.
>
> Alexandre
>
>> On Feb 3, 2017, at 1:51 PM, Roman Acevedo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> - https://github.com/moosetechnology/Moose/issues/1128
>> Did the user wanted to being able to export in PNG the way it looked in the viewer (so maybe it wasn't a bug and he basically requested a new feature : to add and exportPNG button taking in account the zoom) or is the bug fixed ?. Because, here, again, I wasn't able (or didn't understood at all what the user wanted) to reproduce the bug ( all the png are the same despite changes in the zoom).

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Every thing has its own flow."

Re: Request for contribution (French Lille 1 student)

abergel
I see. I have never felt that problem because I am a fan of screenshoting.
But adding a popup when exporting is easy to do.
We will do it.

Alexandre

> On Feb 3, 2017, at 6:28 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> It is still a problem and I added a comment to the issue. The problem is that when you have a tiny visualization, your PNG will be tiny as well. We need a mechanism to save the PNG with an arbitrary zooming level.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

>> On Feb 3, 2017, at 7:15 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Indeed, I cannot remember what was the detail. According to my original post, the problem was apparently obvious. Now, it is much less. I would simply close that issue.
>>
>> Alexandre
>>
>>> On Feb 3, 2017, at 1:51 PM, Roman Acevedo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> - https://github.com/moosetechnology/Moose/issues/1128
>>> Did the user wanted to being able to export in PNG the way it looked in the viewer (so maybe it wasn't a bug and he basically requested a new feature : to add and exportPNG button taking in account the zoom) or is the bug fixed ?. Because, here, again, I wasn't able (or didn't understood at all what the user wanted) to reproduce the bug ( all the png are the same despite changes in the zoom).
>>
>> --
>> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
>> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow."

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Request for contribution (French Lille 1 student)

Ben Coman
Alexandre,
Rather than do it yourself, is this something feasible for Roman to undertake?
cheers -ben

On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 6:55 AM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
I see. I have never felt that problem because I am a fan of screenshoting.
But adding a popup when exporting is easy to do.
We will do it.

Alexandre

> On Feb 3, 2017, at 6:28 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> It is still a problem and I added a comment to the issue. The problem is that when you have a tiny visualization, your PNG will be tiny as well. We need a mechanism to save the PNG with an arbitrary zooming level.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

>> On Feb 3, 2017, at 7:15 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Indeed, I cannot remember what was the detail. According to my original post, the problem was apparently obvious. Now, it is much less. I would simply close that issue.
>>
>> Alexandre
>>
>>> On Feb 3, 2017, at 1:51 PM, Roman Acevedo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> - https://github.com/moosetechnology/Moose/issues/1128
>>> Did the user wanted to being able to export in PNG the way it looked in the viewer (so maybe it wasn't a bug and he basically requested a new feature : to add and exportPNG button taking in account the zoom) or is the bug fixed ?. Because, here, again, I wasn't able (or didn't understood at all what the user wanted) to reproduce the bug ( all the png are the same despite changes in the zoom).
>>
>> --
>> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
>> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow."

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Request for contribution (French Lille 1 student)

abergel
> Rather than do it yourself, is this something feasible for Roman to undertake?

I am not sure what knowledge Roman has on Moose and Roassal.
A great help that Roman can provide is cleaning the issues…

Alexandre

On 05/02/2017 14:45, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> I am not sure what knowledge Roman has on Moose and Roassal.
> A great help that Roman can provide is cleaning the issues…

From his course I think he begun to learn Pharo really recently, so he
does not have knowledge of Moose and Raossal. But, I think that a goal
of his course is to participate to an open source project. Thus he
should participate to the code.

--
Cyril Ferlicot

http://www.synectique.eu

2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: Request for contribution (French Lille 1 student)

abergel
Increasing the test coverage would be a way to easily write code.

Spy2, available from the catalog offers Hapao, a visual test coverage tool.

Alexandre