Request for help: Please upload test results of your foss projects

Request for help: Please upload test results of your foss projects

Holger Freyther
Good Afternoon!

one thing I was missing with travis-ci is a graph for the executed unit tests. In Jenkins there is the Junit plugin that will search for xml files and then provide a table view and a graph. I found this quite useful and it helped me to see that I once accidentally disabled the execution of many tests.

For modern CI systems there doesn't seem to be such a feature and I started to scratch my own itch and have built one. The backend is built using Pharo5, a python client for the upload and some very basic frontend code using reactjs. The name of the service is "bob-bench.org" and I would be very happy if you could modify your .travis.yml to upload test results to it.

The current main feature is to provide a simple "badge" that lists the number of tests (or failures/errors ) and can be put into the README.md next to your build status. More features are planned but if you have ideas feel free to drop me an email.

Documentation: http://benchupload.readthedocs.io
Example usage: https://github.com/moiji-mobile/smsc
Project overview: https://bob-bench.org/r/gh/moiji-mobile/smsc

looking forward to more uploads

        holger

Re: Request for help: Please upload test results of your foss projects

Holger Freyther

> On 26 Feb 2017, at 16:37, Holger Freyther <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Documentation: http://benchupload.readthedocs.io
> Example usage: https://github.com/moiji-mobile/smsc
> Project overview: https://bob-bench.org/r/gh/moiji-mobile/smsc

Configure badge: https://bob-bench.org

(specify project name, branch and them markdown for your README.md)

Re: Request for help: Please upload test results of your foss projects

SergeStinckwich
Nice job Holger !
I try and I have some problems :
https://travis-ci.org/PolyMathOrg/PolyMath/jobs/205545068

--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Request for help: Please upload test results of your foss projects

CyrilFerlicot
On 26/02/2017 10:58, Holger Freyther wrote:

>> On 26 Feb 2017, at 16:37, Holger Freyther <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> Documentation: http://benchupload.readthedocs.io
>> Example usage: https://github.com/moiji-mobile/smsc
>> Project overview: https://bob-bench.org/r/gh/moiji-mobile/smsc
>

> Configure badge: https://bob-bench.org
>
> (specify project name, branch and them markdown for your README.md)

Hello,

Thank you!

I have one problem, with the generated text area disabled I cannot copy
the generated badge without playing with the HTML of the page.

--
Cyril Ferlicot

http://www.synectique.eu

2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: Request for help: Please upload test results of your foss projects

Holger Freyther

> On 27 Feb 2017, at 04:38, Cyril Ferlicot D. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Thank you!
>
> I have one problem, with the generated text area disabled I cannot copy
> the generated badge without playing with the HTML of the page.

Please re-load and see if it is better? The textarea is now readOnly but not disabled.

holger

Re: Request for help: Please upload test results of your foss projects

Holger Freyther

> On 26 Feb 2017, at 23:37, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Nice job Holger !
> I try and I have some problems :
> https://travis-ci.org/PolyMathOrg/PolyMath/jobs/205545068

Sorry about it. It seems with the containerized infrastructure I can not install binaries. I have created a pull request to use "pip install --user benchupload" and updated the documentation. The Pharo6 failure in #testMaximumIterationsProbabilistic seems to be unrelated?

thank you
        holger

Re: Request for help: Please upload test results of your foss projects

SergeStinckwich
Thank you Holger. I will test this  ew version. Yes the failure only appears on mac and it's unrelated. I dunno why.
Regards

Envoyé de mon iPhone

On 27/02/2017 03:18, Holger Freyther wrote:
> Please re-load and see if it is better? The textarea is now readOnly but not disabled.
>
> holger

I works like a charm now :)

I added it to a university project and I will add it to the other
projects I manage when I'll have the time.