Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Resizing Splitter

Fahey Brian-2

I’ve been experimenting with resizing splitters. In the image below I’ve colored the resizing splitters with red backgrounds. 

Initially I added the name input field as a “left widget” in the top splitter.  This worked for expanding the name field to the right, but it also allowed the name field to expand past the search button and past the right edge of the window.  When there wasn’t any right widgets the minimum right size didn’t have any impact (makes some sense).

My hack solution was to add a “placeholder” widget colored with a green background.  Do I have other options?

Brian Fahey

JJIS Developer

503-373-7146

This message is intended for official use and may contain information classified as RESTRICTED or CRITICAL. It should be properly delivered, labeled, stored, and disposed of according to the recipient’s policy. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise me by reply e-mail and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Resizing Splitter

Paul Baumann
You can use groups...

Multi-select a few widgets, right click and select Arrange->group. You then have a group/composite that you can position with Right side -120 from the proportion 1 (the right side of window). The vertical slider would be within the group and would be relative to the group.

You can solve that vertical slider without grouping though...

Green field:
    Position
        L proportion .5, offset 3
        R proportion 1, offset -5
Name field:
    Position
        L proportion 0, offset 70
        R proportion .5, offset -3
Vertical slider:
     Position
        L proportion .5, offset -2
        R proportion .5, offset 2
    Basics
        Left widgets (nameField_part)
        Right widgets (greenField_part)

Paul Baumann 

From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Fahey Brian
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 5:34 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [vwnc] Resizing Splitter

I’ve been experimenting with resizing splitters. In the image below I’ve colored the resizing splitters with red backgrounds. 

Initially I added the name input field as a “left widget” in the top splitter.  This worked for expanding the name field to the right, but it also allowed the name field to expand past the search button and past the right edge of the window.  When there wasn’t any right widgets the minimum right size didn’t have any impact (makes some sense).

My hack solution was to add a “placeholder” widget colored with a green background.  Do I have other options?

Brian Fahey

JJIS Developer

503-373-7146

This message is intended for official use and may contain information classified as RESTRICTED or CRITICAL. It should be properly delivered, labeled, stored, and disposed of according to the recipient’s policy. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise me by reply e-mail and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.

This message may contain confidential information and is intended for specific recipients unless explicitly noted otherwise. If you have reason to believe you are not an intended recipient of this message, please delete it and notify the sender. This message may not represent the opinion of IntercontinentalExchange, Inc. (ICE), its subsidiaries or affiliates, and does not constitute a contract or guarantee. Unencrypted electronic mail is not secure and the recipient of this message is expected to provide safeguards from viruses and pursue alternate means of communication where privacy or a binding message is desired.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Resizing Splitter

Paul Baumann
Correction below...

Paul Baumann 

Sent: Friday, September 10, 2010 11:16 AM
To: 'Fahey Brian'; [hidden email]
Subject: RE: Resizing Splitter

You can use groups...

Multi-select a few widgets, right click and select Arrange->group. You then have a group/composite that you can position with Right side -120 from the proportion 1 (the right side of window). The vertical slider would be within the group and would be relative to the group.

You can solve that vertical slider without grouping though...

Green field:
    Position
        L proportion .5, offset 3
        R proportion 1, offset -120  
Name field:
    Position
        L proportion 0, offset 70
        R proportion .5, offset -3
Vertical slider:
     Position
        L proportion .5, offset -2
        R proportion .5, offset 2
    Basics
        Left widgets (nameField_part)
        Right widgets (greenField_part)

Paul Baumann 

From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Fahey Brian
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 5:34 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [vwnc] Resizing Splitter

Brian Fahey

JJIS Developer

503-373-7146

This message may contain confidential information and is intended for specific recipients unless explicitly noted otherwise. If you have reason to believe you are not an intended recipient of this message, please delete it and notify the sender. This message may not represent the opinion of IntercontinentalExchange, Inc. (ICE), its subsidiaries or affiliates, and does not constitute a contract or guarantee. Unencrypted electronic mail is not secure and the recipient of this message is expected to provide safeguards from viruses and pursue alternate means of communication where privacy or a binding message is desired.