Responding to /

Eli Green-5
Is there a way I can have an application respond to the root component?

I want its URL to be http://hostname/ and returning '' and '/' from
the path don't work.

Re: Responding to /

Nicolas Petton
Hi Eli,

Le vendredi 11 juin 2010 à 10:56 +0200, Eli Green a écrit :
> Is there a way I can have an application respond to the root component?
>
> I want its URL to be http://hostname/ and returning '' and '/' from
> the path don't work.

No, it's not possible, at least for now. I suggest adding rewrite rules
when deploying your application.

For example, let's say you have an application class with the path
'foo', and you want it to be accessed at http://www.example.com

You can add a rewrite rule in your front-end server config file.

For Apache, something like this should work:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/foo(.*)$ http://www.example.com/$1 [redirect,last]
RewriteCond /path/to/static/files/%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://localhost:8080/foo/$1 [proxy,last]

Then you can apply corresponding rewrite rules in Iliad to generate urls
accordingly:

Iliad.ILUrlBuilder addRewriteRule: [:string |
  string copyReplacingAllRegex: '^\/foo' with: 'http://www.example.com']

HTH,
Nico