Restartin image

Damir Horvat
Hi list!

Here's another one:

My web app is running and it's all (mostly :-) working the way I want it.
If I save and exit the image and later start it again, I need to restart
Swazoo and start my web app again.

Is this normal, or am I doing some bad magic?

Regards,
Damir

Restarting image

Janko Mivšek
Hi Damir,

Damir Horvat wrote:
> My web app is running and it's all (mostly :-) working the way I want it.

That's great news. Can you share some experiences or any troubles you had?

> If I save and exit the image and later start it again, I need to restart
> Swazoo and start my web app again.
> Is this normal, or am I doing some bad magic?

That is "normal", because VW needs to reopen TCP sockets after restart
again. It would be even better that Swazoo would do that automatically
and I'm looking to add this in the future.

But for now, just don't forget to restart SwazooServer after starting
your image. I have this line alwasy in an open workspace:

        SwazooServer stop; start.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Miv?ek
AIDA/Web
http://www.aidaweb.si

Restarting image

Stefan Schmiedl
On Thu, 31 May 2007 16:09:16 +0200
Janko Miv?ek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si> wrote:

> Hi Damir,
>
> Damir Horvat wrote:
> > My web app is running and it's all (mostly :-) working the way I
> > want it.
>
> That's great news. Can you share some experiences or any troubles you
> had?

I spent a few hours on my project today, and all I can say is that
AIDASite class>>isOldEncoding: is *evil* if you feed it German text.
More on this in a separate post later.

> > If I save and exit the image and later start it again, I need to
> > restart Swazoo and start my web app again.
> > Is this normal, or am I doing some bad magic?
>
> That is "normal", because VW needs to reopen TCP sockets after
> restart again. It would be even better that Swazoo would do that
> automatically and I'm looking to add this in the future.

I came upon some stuff in the Database Application Development Guide
(IIRC), where it talks about reconnecting after restarting the image. I
guess you could gather some knowledge there to solve your problem.

s.