Restarting gems after restore

Sebastia Van Lacke
I am getting an error attempting to automatically restart gems, after restore backups.

OGCmdRestoreFromBackupNoLogs does not understand #restartSeasideGems:

I have the gemtools updated to the last version, It is a known issue?

Regards, Sebastian

Re: Restarting gems after restore

SeanTAllen
How did you do the backup and restore?

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 1:04 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am getting an error attempting to automatically restart gems, after restore backups.
>
> OGCmdRestoreFromBackupNoLogs does not understand #restartSeasideGems:
>
> I have the gemtools updated to the last version, It is a known issue?
>
> Regards, Sebastian

Re: Restarting gems after restore

Sebastia Van Lacke
I did it from the gemtools Admin>Repository>Buckup, and then Repository>restore w/o tranlogs.

Hmmm, i've never done it that way. I always do like this from topaz:

 SystemRepository fullBackupTo: 'xxExtent.backup'.

then when you want to restore, shutdown gemstone, put in a 'clean
extent', start gemstone and do:

  SystemRepository restoreFromBackup: 'xxExtent.backup'

then logout and back in to topaz and do:

  SystemRepository commitRestore

I've never done via the gemtools version so I'm not sure. Do you have
the correct gemtools for the version of gemstone you are connecting
to?

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 2:34 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I did it from the gemtools Admin>Repository>Buckup, and then Repository>restore w/o tranlogs.

Dale Henrichs
This looks like a new bug - I've not seen it before ... Presumably the
restore has succeeded and you are just getting an error on the attempt
to restart?

Dale

Dale Henrichs wrote:

> This looks like a new bug - I've not seen it before ... Presumably the
> restore has succeeded and you are just getting an error on the attempt
> to restart?
>
> Dale
>
> [hidden email] wrote:
>> I am getting an error attempting to automatically restart gems, after restore backups.
>>
>> OGCmdRestoreFromBackupNoLogs does not understand #restartSeasideGems:
>>
>> I have the gemtools updated to the last version, It is a known issue?
>>
>> Regards, Sebastian

Sebastion,

I've attached a patch for GemTools (install in Pharo:)...The patch will
be available shortly in a new GemTools version...

Thanks for the report.

Dale

'From Pharo-1.0 of 19 October 2009 [Latest update: #10517] on 29 July 2010 at 1:05:58 pm'! !OGCmdAdmin methodsFor: 'private' stamp: 'DaleHenrichs 7/29/2010 13:04'! restartSeasideGems: sessionNode (OGCmdControlSeasideGems on: target for: requestor) restartSeasideGems: sessionNode! !

Re: Restarting gems after restore

Sebastia Van Lacke
Yes, the restore has succeded. The error only occurs when restarting the gems. I have installed the method and now works fine.

Thanks

[hidden email] wrote:
> Yes, the restore has succeded. The error only occurs when restarting the gems. I have installed the method and now works fine.
>
> Thanks

Sebastian,

I've also published GemTools 1.0-beta.8.1 which has the patch included ...

Dale