Restoring the default adult theme desktop

Restoring the default adult theme desktop

Henry Lenzi
Hi --

I'm coming back to Squeak after some months using it to fool around
and teach programming to my niece.

Here's the problem: my image is completely filled with etoys and
primary colors :-) and I don't have a clue on how to restore the
environment so that it has a more "adult" theme (I completely forgot
how to do it and the menus don't help at all).

Help is appreciated.

TIA

Re: Restoring the default adult theme desktop

David Mitchell-10
The default Pharo image is considerably more corporate looking.

But, if you already have an image that you want to make look
corporate, close the eToys and use the preferences panel to set the
default colors to something more sedate.

Believe it is desktop menu, preferences, window colors. (Don't have
Squeak in front of me right now)

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Henry Lenzi<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi --
>
> I'm coming back to Squeak after some months using it to fool around
> and teach programming to my niece.
>
> Here's the problem: my image is completely filled with etoys and
> primary colors :-) and I don't have a clue on how to restore the
> environment so that it has a more "adult" theme (I completely forgot
> how to do it and the menus don't help at all).
>
> Help is appreciated.
>
> TIA

Re: Restoring the default adult theme desktop

Tobias Pape
Hi —,
Am 2009-06-22 um 22:52 schrieb Henry Lenzi:
[…]
> Here's the problem: my image is completely filled with etoys and
> primary colors :-) and I don't have a clue on how to restore the
> environment so that it has a more "adult" theme (I completely forgot
> how to do it and the menus don't help at all).

Try Preferences  -> Windows -> theme, there switching to something
like Watery2.
(you'll have this if you installed Polymorph).

Kind regards,
        -Tobias

PGP.sig (201 bytes) Download Attachment

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 6:17 PM, David Mitchell<[hidden email]> wrote:
> The default Pharo image is considerably more corporate looking.

I went with Pharo. Very nice. I guess this will help boost "Smalltalkk
awareness" in the programming community, by distancing itself from
educational projects.
Thanks.

- Henry