Returning to the same view after command execution

Returning to the same view after command execution

NorbertHartl
I display a list of items in a custom view in pier. On the custom view there is also a pier command link that adds another item. Now after the command has executed I want to have the same structure and view as before the command execution. The structure is not the problem but the view is somehow lost through command execution.

How can this be done?

Norbert

Re: Returning to the same view after command execution

Lukas Renggli
You can set the #answer: context on the command.

Look at the 'Browse' view. I just committed a change that goes back to
the browse view. This annoyed me for quite a while already, but I
always forgot to adapt the code.

  Name: Pier-Security-lr.170
  Author: lr
  Time: 14 October 2010, 7:23:21 pm
  UUID: 07c8ffe3-7340-402e-a472-6fc0dbd64f58
  Ancestors: Pier-Security-lr.169

  - when triggering a command from the browse view try to redirect it
back to the browse view after completion

Lukas

On 14 October 2010 17:01, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I display a list of items in a custom view in pier. On the custom view there is also a pier command link that adds another item. Now after the command has executed I want to have the same structure and view as before the command execution. The structure is not the problem but the view is somehow lost through command execution.
>
> How can this be done?
>
> Norbert

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch