Rewrite Rule Question

jarober
We have a subclass of TextEditorSpec (in a different namespace) that we would like to use across all of our code.  Most references to TextEditorSpec are in windowSpecs.  We've had no luck creating a rewrite rule to do what we want; the documentation for this is pretty thin.

Basically, we want the equivalent of a search/replace of TextEditorSpec within a given bundle with MyTextEditorSpec.  This is probably simple, but I just can't get it to work.

Thanks,

James Robertson
http://www.jarober.com

Re: Rewrite Rule Question

Steven Kelly
Just writing TextEditorSpec in the Rewrite search pane finds all code
references for me. For the windowSpecs, a simple string replacement can
hardly go wrong (if it's an old code base, you may need to search for
both #{UI.TextEditorSpec} and the pre-namespace equivalent).

Cheers,
Steve

Re: Rewrite Rule Question

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)

RBRegexExtensions may be a better tool for simple string replacement in this case,

As Steven said, you may need to do another pass for just “TextEditorSpec” afterwards if you have any specs sans namespace syntax.

HTH,

-Boris

Just writing TextEditorSpec in the Rewrite search pane finds all code references for me. For the windowSpecs, a simple string replacement can hardly go wrong (if it's an old code base, you may need to search for both #{UI.TextEditorSpec} and the pre-namespace equivalent).

Cheers,

Steve

Re: Rewrite Rule Question

jarober
Thanks, this helped a lot!

On Aug 21, 2012, at 8:15 AM, Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs wrote:

RBRegexExtensions may be a better tool for simple string replacement in this case,

<image001.png>

<image002.png>