classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Rewrite Tool Set in Spec2

Juan Pablo Sandoval
Greetings to all,

Sebastian is developing a tool to build and test Rewrite Rules. It is built on the basis of MatchTool and RewriteTool. I have ported, refactored, and enhanced these tools to be compatible with Pharo 9 and with Spec2. So, in this tool you have these tools ported and ready to be used. But also, it has more tools and more functionalities, all integrated into one in this new tool. This is technically a set of modular tools that can be used separately or in suitable conjunction. As the tool is in developing, the only thing missing is the integration with RewriteTool. The rest of the tools and functionalities work adequately. So, you can use it just fine.

You can find a deeper explanation, and the script to install it in my repository: https://github.com/jordanmontt/RewriteTool-Spec2

Any feedback, issue or suggestion is more than welcome.

Thanks a lot, : )
Sebastian & Juan Pablo
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Rewrite Tool Set in Spec2

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks and sorry because I’m flooded by work. I will check it this evening. 

S

On 3 Sep 2020, at 00:49, Juan Pablo Sandoval Alcocer <[hidden email]> wrote:

Greetings to all,

Sebastian is developing a tool to build and test Rewrite Rules. It is built on the basis of MatchTool and RewriteTool. I have ported, refactored, and enhanced these tools to be compatible with Pharo 9 and with Spec2. So, in this tool you have these tools ported and ready to be used. But also, it has more tools and more functionalities, all integrated into one in this new tool. This is technically a set of modular tools that can be used separately or in suitable conjunction. As the tool is in developing, the only thing missing is the integration with RewriteTool. The rest of the tools and functionalities work adequately. So, you can use it just fine.

You can find a deeper explanation, and the script to install it in my repository: https://github.com/jordanmontt/RewriteTool-Spec2

Sebastian & Juan Pablo

--------------------------------------------
Stéphane Ducasse
03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Aurore Dalle 
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley, 
Parc Scientifique de la Haute Borne, Bât.A, Park Plaza
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Reply | Threaded
|

Stéphane Ducasse
In reply to this post by Juan Pablo Sandoval
I loaded latest version in P9 and I cannot open it from the tools menu

searchForEditor := self newCode
                  text: DefaultRule new searchFor;
                  yourself.

Apparently searchFor is not understood

S

Greetings to all,

Sebastian & Juan Pablo

Stéphane Ducasse
03 59 35 87 52
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley, 
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Reply | Threaded
|

Juan Pablo Sandoval
Hi Stef,

we will review this ASAP, and we will back to you soon.

Juan P.

El jue., 3 sept. 2020 a las 2:22, Stéphane Ducasse (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
I loaded latest version in P9 and I cannot open it from the tools menu

searchForEditor := self newCode
                  text: DefaultRule new searchFor;
                  yourself.

Apparently searchFor is not understood

S

Greetings to all,

Sebastian & Juan Pablo

Stéphane Ducasse
03 59 35 87 52
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley, 
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Reply | Threaded
|

Stéphane Ducasse
1 min first contact feedback

- Once I opened the matchTool via the menu I cannot find anymore the rewriteTool menu item.
        - It would be nice to have an example
                via a menu in the match tool so that the user can immediately understand how to use it.
        Right now when looking at Yuiry web site I can get it.

I do not really understand what is the Rewrite rule label in the MatchTool

I will check more latter,