Rewrite interface for the RB?

Paul Hudson
Am I missing something, or is there no (UI) interface to the
rewriting part of the RB?

For an example, the method notElimination (which performs a
rewrite) is defined but not referenced, as far as I can see.

Disclaimer: Dolphin's the only way I've used the RB, so maybe
this is as designed.
http://www.refactory.com/RefactoringBrowser/Rewrite.html
suggests otherwise, though.

P.

Re: Rewrite interface for the RB?

Andy Bower
Paul,

> Am I missing something, or is there no (UI) interface to the
> rewriting part of the RB?
>
> For an example, the method notElimination (which performs a
> rewrite) is defined but not referenced, as far as I can see.
>
> Disclaimer: Dolphin's the only way I've used the RB, so maybe
> this is as designed.
> http://www.refactory.com/RefactoringBrowser/Rewrite.html
> suggests otherwise, though.

No, you're right. The Dolphin RB doesn't (yet) have an interface to the
rewrite tool. We thought we'd get the basic refactorings out there first in
Dolphin 5 but we may have time to add the rewrite UI at a later date (unless
anyone else wants to beat us to it, of course).

Best Regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.object-arts.com