RichEdit

Ian Bartholomew-18
As mentioned in an earlier post I've been looking into running Dolphin under
a later version of the Windows RichEdit common control (précis: Dolphin uses
a basic version 1.0 but a version 4.1 is now available).  For the last
couple of days I've been running Dolphin under RichEdit3.0, without any
unfixable problems (so far), but I've hit a couple of brick walls that I was
hoping a kind Dolphineer may be able to help with.

1) Windows XP SP1 comes with RichEdit 4.1.  To try it out I need some
definitions from a _very_ recent version of richedit.h.  I can't find one
anywhere on the web (and the MSDN download is just too big for my 56K
connection) so if anyone has a richedit.h that give the new class name
(anything other than "RichEdit" or "RichEdit20A") or a definition for a
newer constant, EM_SETPAGEROTATE [1] for example, then I would
like to ask them a few questions.

2) RichEdit3.0 has a number of additional formatting options - the ability
to create simple tables for example.  The trouble is that I just can't seem
to work out how to use these extra functions.  I know it's a long shot but
does anyone happen to know of a recent "idiots guide to RichEdit" on the
web - I can't seem to find one.

TIA
    Ian

[1] No, I can't think of any useful reason for rotating pages within the
Dolphin IDE either - I'd just like to try it :-)

Re: RichEdit

Ian Bartholomew-18
What a newsgroup!

Within an hour (1) had been sorted (twice - thanks again to both of you) and
I received some good pointers for (2).

FWIW. It looks like a wrapper for RichEdit 4.1 may be a little harder to
create (damn, no easy  rotating of pages :-) ) as the control appears to be
supplied in UNICODE format only.

Ian