Right click wrong on Linux

Janko Mivšek
Dear Squeakers,

On my Linux the right click shows halos instead of menu. I know that
there is some settings somewhere, but this should be done automatically
instead. This is otherwise already solved on Pharo.

I found this bug a quite big usability drawback for newcomers from Linux
world, so this bug should have and urgent priority.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Right click wrong on Linux

K K Subbu
On Saturday 06 Nov 2010 5:44:37 pm Janko Mivšek wrote:
> On my Linux the right click shows halos instead of menu. I know that
> there is some settings somewhere, but this should be done automatically
> instead. This is otherwise already solved on Pharo.
swapMouseButtons preference. Morphic environments need halo so they ship with
this turned off. Pharo is a development image so it can turn this off to get
ContextMenu on right click.

Subbu

Re: Right click wrong on Linux

Hannes Hirzel
I asked the same thing in April this year

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-April/148870.html

All what you need to know is there (20 messages).

We just need to decide and implement it.

--Hannes

On 11/6/10, K. K. Subramaniam <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Saturday 06 Nov 2010 5:44:37 pm Janko Mivšek wrote:
>> On my Linux the right click shows halos instead of menu. I know that
>> there is some settings somewhere, but this should be done automatically
>> instead. This is otherwise already solved on Pharo.
> swapMouseButtons preference. Morphic environments need halo so they ship
> with
> this turned off. Pharo is a development image so it can turn this off to get
> ContextMenu on right click.
>
> Subbu

Re: Right click wrong on Linux

Hannes Hirzel
Andreas Raab says it is a bug

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-April/148909.html

Juan Vuletich agrees, and so does Bert Freudenberg and others.

Analysis is good and indicated therer; but no decision reached what to do.

So people still have to use the preference 'swapMouseButtons' ...........
--Hannes