Roadmap update on wiki

Hannes Hirzel
Hello

I have added info on release 0.11 and 0.12

    https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/wiki/Roadmap

Could somebody please have a look and add more details?

--Hannes

Re: Roadmap update on wiki

Manfred Kröhnert
Thanks Hannes,
I added a bit more information to the 0.11.0 release.

Best,
Manfred

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 6:31 AM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello

I have added info on release 0.11 and 0.12

    https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/wiki/Roadmap

Could somebody please have a look and add more details?

--Hannes

Re: Roadmap update on wiki

Herby Vojčík

H. Hirzel wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have added info on release 0.11 and 0.12
>
>      https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/wiki/Roadmap
>
> Could somebody please have a look and add more details?

Well, two issues for the roadmap that I see:
1. Helios is far from release candidate in 0.12 (it should be release asap).
2. There is lot of things that (mostly me, but anyway) planned for 0.13,
as can be seen in issues filter by milestone '0.13'; thus, roadmap of
0.13 can be sketched as well.

> --Hannes

Herby

Re: Roadmap update on wiki

Hannes Hirzel
First attempt on 0.13, https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/wiki/Roadmap

May I ask you to check it, Herby?

--Hannes

On 9/14/13, Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]> wrote:

> H. Hirzel wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I have added info on release 0.11 and 0.12
>>
>>      https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/wiki/Roadmap
>>
>> Could somebody please have a look and add more details?
>
> Well, two issues for the roadmap that I see:
> 1. Helios is far from release candidate in 0.12 (it should be release
> asap).
> 2. There is lot of things that (mostly me, but anyway) planned for 0.13,
> as can be seen in issues filter by milestone '0.13'; thus, roadmap of
> 0.13 can be sketched as well.
>
>> --Hannes
>
> Herby

Re: Roadmap update on wiki

Nicolas Petton

IMHO 0.12 can't be released as changing package AMD namespaces isn't
easily doable. I would add more support on the Smalltalk side and a
Package template in the browser for that.

I would also want to update the doc before releasing, as there are some
important changes (which is great) :)

What do you think?

Nico

Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]> writes:

> H. Hirzel wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I have added info on release 0.11 and 0.12
>>
>>      https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/wiki/Roadmap
>>
>> Could somebody please have a look and add more details?
>
> Well, two issues for the roadmap that I see:
> 1. Helios is far from release candidate in 0.12 (it should be release asap).
> 2. There is lot of things that (mostly me, but anyway) planned for 0.13,
> as can be seen in issues filter by milestone '0.13'; thus, roadmap of
> 0.13 can be sketched as well.
>
>> --Hannes
>
> Herby

Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Roadmap update on wiki

Herby Vojčík

Nicolas Petton wrote:
> IMHO 0.12 can't be released as changing package AMD namespaces isn't
> easily doable. I would add more support on the Smalltalk side and a
> Package template in the browser for that.

This is not a stopper. New packages are always added into default namespace, which is what is good for 99% of cases. And you can always change amd namespace by

  (Package named: 'Foo-Bar') amdNamespace: 'com_another/baz'

in Workspace. This is similar to recompile a package - it is not in IDE, not even in API, but something is always thought out and did in Workspace.

> I would also want to update the doc before releasing, as there are some
> important changes (which is great) :)
>
> What do you think?
>
> Nico

Herby