Roassal Animations

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hi,

Who has seen these Roassal Animations on Twitter recently ?

These are crazy cool and super slick.

Is there a place where they are all collected, maybe with their code ?

Sven

Re: Roassal Animations

ducasse

> On 17 Mar 2019, at 19:23, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Who has seen these Roassal Animations on Twitter recently ?

Me :)

> These are crazy cool and super slick.
>
> Is there a place where they are all collected, maybe with their code ?

We should ask milton and alex

> Sven

Re: Roassal Animations

SergeStinckwich
Most of the animations are available in the Roassal3 code:

--
Serge Stinckwic
​h​

Int. Research Unit
 on Modelling/Simulation of Complex Systems (UMMISCO)
​Sorbonne University
 (SU)
French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD)​
​niversity of Yaoundé I​, Cameroun
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich

Re: Roassal Animations

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 17 Mar 2019, at 20:10, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Most of the animations are available in the Roassal3 code:
>
> https://github.com/ObjectProfile/Roassal3

Yes, OK, but maybe there is some webpage somewhere that collects the Twitter posts, they were really good advertisements.

> On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 7:23 PM Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Who has seen these Roassal Animations on Twitter recently ?
>
> These are crazy cool and super slick.
>
> Is there a place where they are all collected, maybe with their code ?
>
> Sven
>

> --
> Serge Stinckwic​h​
> Int. Research Unit on Modelling/Simulation of Complex Systems (UMMISCO)
> ​Sorbonne University (SU)
> French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD)​
> U​niversity of Yaoundé I​, Cameroun
> "Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
> https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich
> ​

Re: Roassal Animations

Tim Mackinnon
+10, I’ve loved them them too.

> On 17 Mar 2019, at 19:40, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 17 Mar 2019, at 20:10, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Most of the animations are available in the Roassal3 code:
>>
>> https://github.com/ObjectProfile/Roassal3
>
> Yes, OK, but maybe there is some webpage somewhere that collects the Twitter posts, they were really good advertisements.
>
>> On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 7:23 PM Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Who has seen these Roassal Animations on Twitter recently ?
>>
>> These are crazy cool and super slick.
>>
>> Is there a place where they are all collected, maybe with their code ?
>>
>> Sven
>>

>> --
>> Serge Stinckwic​h​
>> Int. Research Unit on Modelling/Simulation of Complex Systems (UMMISCO)
>> ​Sorbonne University (SU)
>> French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD)​
>> U​niversity of Yaoundé I​, Cameroun
>> "Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
>> https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich
>> ​

Re: Roassal Animations

Pharo Smalltalk Developers mailing list
Thanks to all of you for your nice words.
These posts are a teaser of what is coming. Code of each animation is part of Roassal3. Note that we have made no official announcement, simply because Roassal3 is still well behind Roassal2 in terms of offered features. Actually, you cannot do much with Roassal3, beside having cool visualization.

We will tell you more soon, once we have a UML renderer and code dependency visualizer :-)

We are currently working on a nice distribution that can be shipped within Pharo 8.

Cheers,
Alexandre

> On Mar 17, 2019, at 4:53 PM, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +10, I’ve loved them them too.
>
>> On 17 Mar 2019, at 19:40, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> On 17 Mar 2019, at 20:10, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Most of the animations are available in the Roassal3 code:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/ObjectProfile/Roassal3
>>
>> Yes, OK, but maybe there is some webpage somewhere that collects the Twitter posts, they were really good advertisements.
>>
>>> On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 7:23 PM Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Who has seen these Roassal Animations on Twitter recently ?
>>>
>>> These are crazy cool and super slick.
>>>
>>> Is there a place where they are all collected, maybe with their code ?
>>>
>>> Sven
>>>

>>> --
>>> Serge Stinckwic​h​
>>> Int. Research Unit on Modelling/Simulation of Complex Systems (UMMISCO)
>>> ​Sorbonne University (SU)
>>> French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD)​
>>> U​niversity of Yaoundé I​, Cameroun
>>> "Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
>>> https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich
>>> ​

Re: Roassal Animations

ducasse

Re: Roassal Animations

cedreek
I think there are on the roassal discord channel.

Indeed really cool ;-)

> Le 17 mars 2019 à 20:40, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>

>> On 17 Mar 2019, at 20:10, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Most of the animations are available in the Roassal3 code:
>>
>> https://github.com/ObjectProfile/Roassal3
>
> Yes, OK, but maybe there is some webpage somewhere that collects the Twitter posts, they were really good advertisements.
>
>> On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 7:23 PM Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Who has seen these Roassal Animations on Twitter recently ?
>>
>> These are crazy cool and super slick.
>>
>> Is there a place where they are all collected, maybe with their code ?
>>
>> Sven
>>

>> --
>> Serge Stinckwic​h​
>> Int. Research Unit on Modelling/Simulation of Complex Systems (UMMISCO)
>> ​Sorbonne University (SU)
>> French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD)​
>> U​niversity of Yaoundé I​, Cameroun
>> "Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
>> https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich
>> ​

Re: Roassal Animations

cedreek
No they are not... only screenshots.

Cheers

> Le 27 mars 2019 à 20:31, Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> I think there are on the roassal discord channel.
>
> Indeed really cool ;-)
>
>> Le 17 mars 2019 à 20:40, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>

>>> On 17 Mar 2019, at 20:10, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Most of the animations are available in the Roassal3 code:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/ObjectProfile/Roassal3
>>
>> Yes, OK, but maybe there is some webpage somewhere that collects the Twitter posts, they were really good advertisements.
>>
>>> On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 7:23 PM Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Who has seen these Roassal Animations on Twitter recently ?
>>>
>>> These are crazy cool and super slick.
>>>
>>> Is there a place where they are all collected, maybe with their code ?
>>>
>>> Sven
>>>

>>> --
>>> Serge Stinckwic​h​
>>> Int. Research Unit on Modelling/Simulation of Complex Systems (UMMISCO)
>>> ​Sorbonne University (SU)
>>> French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD)​
>>> U​niversity of Yaoundé I​, Cameroun
>>> "Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
>>> https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich
>>> ​

Re: Roassal Animations

Pharo Smalltalk Developers mailing list
Hi!

Just as a follow up, we have a UML diagram builder for Roassal3.

You can load Roassal3 using:
Metacello new
    baseline: 'Roassal3';
    repository: '<a href="github://ObjectProfile/Roassal3/src" class="">github://ObjectProfile/Roassal3/src';
    load.

An UML class diagram can be open using:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
   | builder pharoClassesToBeVisualized |

"Zooming and position of the view can be controled using the keys:
    I O Space
    Arrows
    "

    pharoClassesToBeVisualized :=
TSAbstractLine
 withAllSubclasses.

    builder :=
RSUMLClassBuilder
 new.
    builder classes: pharoClassesToBeVisualized.

    builder classDescriptor
        methods: [ :cls | | methods |
            methods := cls methods sorted: [ :a :b |
                a selector < b selector ] ].

    builder build.
    builder view when:
TSExtentChangedEvent
 do: [ builder view zoomToFit ].
    builder open
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

We now do have a support for UML class diagrams and we can easily add new features, if wanted.

Cheers,
Alexandre & Milton

On Mar 27, 2019, at 3:37 PM, ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

Re: Roassal Animations

Mariano Martinez Peck
Yeah I have been following Milton animarioma and they are great!

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019, 20:06 Alexandre Bergel via Pharo-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!

Just as a follow up, we have a UML diagram builder for Roassal3.

You can load Roassal3 using:
Metacello new
    baseline: 'Roassal3';
    repository: 'github://ObjectProfile/Roassal3/src';

scriptOfTheDay.png (38K) Download Attachment

Re: Roassal Animations

ducasse
This is cool.
With my package uUML we can represent the documentation and I was planning to add coordinates.
The idea is that the uUML object should contain the exact positions like that we can always build the same.

stef

On 18 Apr 2019, at 01:05, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

<scriptOfTheDay.png>

Cheers,
Alexandre & Milton

On Mar 27, 2019, at 3:37 PM, ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

Re: Roassal Animations

ducasse
Yes norbert this is the idea and this is why I created u(Micro)UML
Check on github this is super naive but I should add support for position and we will be able to script

I’m brainstorming with the “syntax”

MUMLTest >> setUp [
lab := UMLClass <~ 'Lab'
instVar: 'topic'.