Roassal Camp Smalltalk Result

abergel
Dear Friends and Colleagues

Yesterday we had a wonderful Roassal Camp Smalltalk.
Thanks to all the participants.

We had crazy programming sessions and nice chats. Below you will find a short description of what we have done. The description contains code snippets. Feel free to try. Some of them are impressive.

Cheers,
The Roassal Team

- Move code from DynaCase to Roassal. Thanks Peter U. and his team! TRConstraint has been significantly improved! Check the class TRConstraint

- New attach points have been added. Again, thanks to Peter U. and his team! Look at the classes RTRectangleAttachPoint and its friends
-=-=-=
v := RTView new.

e1 := (RTBox new size: 50) elementOn: 1.
e2 := (RTEllipse new size: 50) elementOn: 2.
v add: e1; add: e2.
e2 translateBy: 30 @ 60.

e1 @ RTDraggable.
e2 @ RTDraggable.

s := RTArrowedLine new color: Color black.
s attachPoint: RTRectangleAttachPoint new.
l := s edgeFrom: e1 to: e2.
v add: l.

-=-=-=

- New interaction called RTDraggableSnapToGrid. Again, another great contribution of Peter's team. This interaction is supported by RTInteractionBuilder. Here is an example:

-=-=-=-=
b := RTMondrian new.

b interaction snapToGrid.
b shape rectangle size: 20.
b nodes: (1 to: 9).
b layout grid.
-=-=-=-=

- Rounded rectangle shape. Here is an example:
-=-=-=
v := RTView new.

e1 :=((RTRoundedBox new borderRadius: 10; size: 50) + RTLabel )  elementOn: 1.

e2 translateBy: 80 @ 60.

e1 @ RTDraggable.
e2 @ RTDraggable.

s := RTArrowedLine new color: Color black.
s attachPoint: RTRectangleAttachPoint new.
l := s edgeFrom: e1 to: e2.
v add: l.

-=-=-=

- A whole bunch of line decorations! Thanks Peter's team again!!!!!
-=-=-=
        | v b1 b2 edges |
        b1 := (RTBox new
                size: 100;
                element)
                translateTo: 0 @ 0;
                @ RTDraggable.
        b2 := (RTBox new
                size: 100;
                element)
                translateTo: 400 @ 0;
                @ RTDraggable.
        edges := OrderedCollection new.
        edges add: ((RTArrowedLine new head: RTFilledDiamond asHead; color: Color black; width: 2; attachPoint: (RTRectangleAttachPoint new offset: 15)) edgeFrom: b1 to: b2).
        edges add: ((RTDecoratedLine new color: Color blue; width: 2; attachPoint: (RTRectangleAttachPoint new offset: 15)) edgeFrom: b1 to: b2).
        edges add: ((RTDecoratedLine new filledDiamondHead; color: Color green; width: 2; attachPoint: (RTRectangleAttachPoint new offset: 15)) edgeFrom: b1 to: b2).
        edges add: ((RTDecoratedLine new filledDiamondHead; emptyCircleTail; color: Color red; width: 2; attachPoint: (RTRectangleAttachPoint new offset: 15)) edgeFrom: b1 to: b2).

v := RTView new
        add: b1;
        add: b2;
        addAll: edges.
edges do: [ :each | each update ].
^ v
-=-=-=

- discussing with Thomas and Niall, we discuss about: Popups, overrides methods, a better structurre for roassal2-visualworks. a new application for visualworks with all roassal examples.

- Integration to SciSmalltalk

- Styled multiline:
-=-=-=
v := RTView new.

es := (RTEllipse new size: 20; color: (Color blue alpha: 0.3)) elementsOn: (1 to: 10).
RTCircleLayout new on: es allButFirst.
v addAll: es.
es @ RTDraggable.
TRConstraint move: es first onTheCenterOf: es allButFirst.

shape := RTStyledMultiLine new.
shape filledArrowHead; arrowTail; dashdotLine; orthoVertical.
shape attachPoint: (RTRectangleAttachPoint new).
lines := shape edgesFrom: es first toAll: es allButFirst.
v addAll: lines.

-=-=-=

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Roassal Camp Smalltalk Result

Peter Uhnak
+1

Now I have to port to my own code. :)

Peter

Re: Roassal Camp Smalltalk Result

abergel
Let us know how it goes. Best would be to do it this week since we are around

Alexandre

Le 13 juil. 2015 à 11:17, Peter Uhnak <[hidden email]> a écrit :

+1

Now I have to port to my own code. :)

Peter

Re: Roassal Camp Smalltalk Result

Jan Blizničenko
I'm glad you like our stuff :) If you find any problems with it (for example, I am still unsure about that SVG export support because I did not define any visitor pattern methods) just let me know and I might be able to remember why did I do it like that :)

There is just one more thing we used to talk about but we abandoned it because of time issues - composite shapes. Both I and Peter independently ceased using it for DynaCASE, but I personally would like to try to upgrade/rewrite them and then use them. I and Peter want completely different behavior and I think our requirements are not compatible, but, well, it would be nice to work at least for needs of one of us, because I think current version of them is not much useful.

Jan

abergel wrote
Thanks Peter's team again!!!!!

Re: Roassal Camp Smalltalk Result