Roassal Easel examples interface

Ben Coman
Just a few thoughts about how the Roassal Easel [Examples] are presented.

Some text describing the meaning of the blue and pink grouping boxes
would be useful - but to hazard a guess blue is the replicated Mondrian
functionality and pink is the new Roassal functionality ?

The ZoomIn and ZoomOut buttons don't work with either the [Examples] of
[Info] displayed - which is fair enough, but there is no feedback to
indicate the buttons will have no effect.  This is quite nit-picking so
perhaps can be ignored.

Once any particular example is clicked, there is nothing that displays
what the current example is - so if (like me) you  forget which it was
two seconds after you click it, you end up a bit lost.  It would be nice
to have something that identifies the current example.

Example>interaction>leftAndRightClick - fails
Example>interaction>clickAndMove - the element ends up about 150 pixels
below the click.  It should either centre or align a corner with the click.
Example>colors>normalizer - it is not clear what the purpose of this is,
especially under a colors section - it is just an empty black box that
is moved around.

Re: Roassal Easel examples interface

abergel
Hi!

Roassal is getting better and better. Thanks again for your excellent feedback!

> Just a few thoughts about how the Roassal Easel [Examples] are presented.
> Some text describing the meaning of the blue and pink grouping boxes would be useful - but to hazard a guess blue is the replicated Mondrian functionality and pink is the new Roassal functionality ?

Yesterday I redesigned the example page. Let me know if there is something you would like to have.

> The ZoomIn and ZoomOut buttons don't work with either the [Examples] of [Info] displayed - which is fair enough, but there is no feedback to indicate the buttons will have no effect.  This is quite nit-picking so perhaps can be ignored.

Good point. Ideally, I would like to be able to zoom on these. I have added it to my todo list. I will work on this on some point.

> Once any particular example is clicked, there is nothing that displays what the current example is - so if (like me) you  forget which it was two seconds after you click it, you end up a bit lost.  It would be nice to have something that identifies the current example.

Excellent point! This is now fixed! The name of the example and in which class it appears is now given above the source code.

> Example>interaction>leftAndRightClick - fails

Fixed!

> Example>interaction>clickAndMove - the element ends up about 150 pixels below the click.  It should either centre or align a corner with the click.

Yes, I am unsure why. I will work on this.

> Example>colors>normalizer - it is not clear what the purpose of this is, especially under a colors section - it is just an empty black box that is moved around.

I have changed the example. It is now meaningful!

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu