Roassal : Playing with the contrast

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way to play with the contrast of Roassal visualisations.
If so, please tell me how :)

Thank you in advance
Abdelghani

Re: Roassal : Playing with the contrast

abergel
Hi!

What do you mean with contrasts? You mean the colors?
Currently, there is no way to automatically assign colors to a visualization, although you can use a color palette (look at the class RTPalette).

Cheers,
Alexandre

> On Feb 20, 2018, at 7:01 AM, abdelghani ALIDRA via Pharo-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> From: abdelghani ALIDRA <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Roassal : Playing with the contrast
> Date: February 20, 2018 at 7:01:20 AM GMT-3
> To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
>

> Hi,
>
> I am wondering if there is a way to play with the contrast of Roassal visualisations.
> If so, please tell me how :)
>
> Thank you in advance
> Abdelghani

Re: Roassal : Playing with the contrast

Stephane Ducasse-3
Abdel

MCSmalltalkhubRepository
owner: 'StephaneDucasse'
project: 'Colors'
user: ''
password: ''

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 11:01 AM, abdelghani ALIDRA via Pharo-users

> [...]

have a look at the package I did, it provides more named colors +
queries to select colors based on colors or intensity.
May be we should introduce the couple of methods I created into Pharo.
I did it thinking about your work with Moussa.
It could be useful for Roassal people. Now they should let me know. I
spent time harvesting all the definitions, queries, cleaning
everything. But I will not push further.
May be having some bad default colors is good for other people, but not me :).

Stef

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 10:13 AM, Stephane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Abdel
>

> MCSmalltalkhubRepository
> owner: 'StephaneDucasse'
> project: 'Colors'
> user: ''
> password: ''
>
> On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 11:01 AM, abdelghani ALIDRA via Pharo-users

Hi Alex and thanks for your answer,
By playing with the contrast I mean to change (dynamically) how visible lighter colors are from darker ones. And by dynamically, I mean I dont want to re-build the visu.

To be more specific, I can have for a certain visu, a shape coloured with Color red and bordered with Color red slightlyDarker.
At some point I would like to see the difference between these two colours and at some other point I dont.
So for instance, I increase the contrast and I see the border of the shape them I decrease it then I see the shape uniformaly coloured.

So, is there a way to do so?
Thanks,
Abdelghani

De : Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]>
À : abdelghani ALIDRA <[hidden email]>; Any question about pharo is welcome <[hidden email]>
Envoyé le : Mercredi 21 février 2018 2h19
Objet : Re: [Pharo-users] Roassal : Playing with the contrast

Hi!

What do you mean with contrasts? You mean the colors?
Currently, there is no way to automatically assign colors to a visualization, although you can use a color palette (look at the class RTPalette).

Cheers,
Alexandre

> On Feb 20, 2018, at 7:01 AM, abdelghani ALIDRA via Pharo-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> From: abdelghani ALIDRA <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Roassal : Playing with the contrast
> Date: February 20, 2018 at 7:01:20 AM GMT-3
>

> Hi,
>
> I am wondering if there is a way to play with the contrast of Roassal visualisations.
> If so, please tell me how :)
>
> Thank you in advance
> Abdelghani

Re: Roassal : Playing with the contrast

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Hi Stef,

It looks great.
I will have a look and use for our work.

Cheers
Abdelghani

De : Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
À : abdelghani ALIDRA <[hidden email]>; Any question about pharo is welcome <[hidden email]>
Envoyé le : Mercredi 21 février 2018 10h15

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Abdel
>

> MCSmalltalkhubRepository
> owner: 'StephaneDucasse'
> project: 'Colors'
> user: ''
> password: ''
>
> On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 11:01 AM, abdelghani ALIDRA via Pharo-users

Well… you can change the color of any element (even if the visualization is open).
Simply goes to the canvas and change the trachel shape. I can provide an example if you wish.

Alexandre

> On Feb 21, 2018, at 8:38 AM, abdelghani ALIDRA <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Alex and thanks for your answer,
> By playing with the contrast I mean to change (dynamically) how visible lighter colors are from darker ones. And by dynamically, I mean I dont want to re-build the visu.
>
> To be more specific, I can have for a certain visu, a shape coloured with Color red and bordered with Color red slightlyDarker.
> At some point I would like to see the difference between these two colours and at some other point I dont.
> So for instance, I increase the contrast and I see the border of the shape them I decrease it then I see the shape uniformaly coloured.
>
> So, is there a way to do so?
> Thanks,
> Abdelghani
>

> De : Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]>
> À : abdelghani ALIDRA <[hidden email]>; Any question about pharo is welcome <[hidden email]>
> Envoyé le : Mercredi 21 février 2018 2h19
> Objet : Re: [Pharo-users] Roassal : Playing with the contrast
>
> Hi!
>
> What do you mean with contrasts? You mean the colors?
> Currently, there is no way to automatically assign colors to a visualization, although you can use a color palette (look at the class RTPalette).
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre
>

> > On Feb 20, 2018, at 7:01 AM, abdelghani ALIDRA via Pharo-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > From: abdelghani ALIDRA <[hidden email]>
> > Subject: Roassal : Playing with the contrast
> > Date: February 20, 2018 at 7:01:20 AM GMT-3
> > To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > I am wondering if there is a way to play with the contrast of Roassal visualisations.
> > If so, please tell me how :)
> >
> > Thank you in advance
> > Abdelghani

Re: Roassal : Playing with the contrast

Stephane Ducasse-3
Alex you should look at my package because it can be useful to roassal.

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 9:05 PM, Alexandre Bergel
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Well… you can change the color of any element (even if the visualization is open).
> Simply goes to the canvas and change the trachel shape. I can provide an example if you wish.
>
> Alexandre
>

>> On Feb 21, 2018, at 8:38 AM, abdelghani ALIDRA <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Alex and thanks for your answer,
>> By playing with the contrast I mean to change (dynamically) how visible lighter colors are from darker ones. And by dynamically, I mean I dont want to re-build the visu.
>>
>> To be more specific, I can have for a certain visu, a shape coloured with Color red and bordered with Color red slightlyDarker.
>> At some point I would like to see the difference between these two colours and at some other point I dont.
>> So for instance, I increase the contrast and I see the border of the shape them I decrease it then I see the shape uniformaly coloured.
>>
>> So, is there a way to do so?
>> Thanks,
>> Abdelghani
>>

>> De : Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]>
>> À : abdelghani ALIDRA <[hidden email]>; Any question about pharo is welcome <[hidden email]>
>> Envoyé le : Mercredi 21 février 2018 2h19
>> Objet : Re: [Pharo-users] Roassal : Playing with the contrast
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> What do you mean with contrasts? You mean the colors?
>> Currently, there is no way to automatically assign colors to a visualization, although you can use a color palette (look at the class RTPalette).
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Alexandre
>>

>> > On Feb 20, 2018, at 7:01 AM, abdelghani ALIDRA via Pharo-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >

>> > From: abdelghani ALIDRA <[hidden email]>
>> > Subject: Roassal : Playing with the contrast
>> > Date: February 20, 2018 at 7:01:20 AM GMT-3
>> > To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
>> >

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I am wondering if there is a way to play with the contrast of Roassal visualisations.
>> > If so, please tell me how :)
>> >
>> > Thank you in advance
>> > Abdelghani

Re: Roassal : Playing with the contrast

abergel
Yes, I had a look at it. Indeed, it provides a nice set of utility methods.
By the way, what the class ColorChecker does?

I will make a plugin for it in Roassal.

Alexandre

> On Feb 21, 2018, at 5:32 PM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Alex you should look at my package because it can be useful to roassal.
>

> On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 9:05 PM, Alexandre Bergel
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Well… you can change the color of any element (even if the visualization is open).
>> Simply goes to the canvas and change the trachel shape. I can provide an example if you wish.
>>
>> Alexandre
>>

>>> On Feb 21, 2018, at 8:38 AM, abdelghani ALIDRA <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Alex and thanks for your answer,
>>> By playing with the contrast I mean to change (dynamically) how visible lighter colors are from darker ones. And by dynamically, I mean I dont want to re-build the visu.
>>>
>>> To be more specific, I can have for a certain visu, a shape coloured with Color red and bordered with Color red slightlyDarker.
>>> At some point I would like to see the difference between these two colours and at some other point I dont.
>>> So for instance, I increase the contrast and I see the border of the shape them I decrease it then I see the shape uniformaly coloured.
>>>
>>> So, is there a way to do so?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Abdelghani
>>>

>>> De : Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]>
>>> À : abdelghani ALIDRA <[hidden email]>; Any question about pharo is welcome <[hidden email]>
>>> Envoyé le : Mercredi 21 février 2018 2h19
>>> Objet : Re: [Pharo-users] Roassal : Playing with the contrast
>>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> What do you mean with contrasts? You mean the colors?
>>> Currently, there is no way to automatically assign colors to a visualization, although you can use a color palette (look at the class RTPalette).
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Alexandre

Re: Roassal : Playing with the contrast

Stephane Ducasse-3
I should remove it.
And we should introduce this package in Pharo and I should do a pass
on the image color initialize.

Stef

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 12:40 PM, Alexandre Bergel
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, I had a look at it. Indeed, it provides a nice set of utility methods.
> By the way, what the class ColorChecker does?
>
> I will make a plugin for it in Roassal.
>
> Alexandre
>

>> On Feb 21, 2018, at 5:32 PM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Alex you should look at my package because it can be useful to roassal.
>>

>> On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 9:05 PM, Alexandre Bergel
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Well… you can change the color of any element (even if the visualization is open).
>>> Simply goes to the canvas and change the trachel shape. I can provide an example if you wish.
>>>
>>> Alexandre

Re: Roassal : Playing with the contrast

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list

> On 21 Feb 2018, at 21:05, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Well… you can change the color of any element (even if the visualization is open).
> Simply goes to the canvas and change the trachel shape. I can provide an example if you wish.

Yes please.
It would be great if
- the modification applies uniformly to all the elements of the visualisation.
- Control the modification using a button or a key combination (increase/decrease)

I dont know if this possible but anyway, your solution looks fine to me :)

Abdelghani

> Alexandre
>

>> On Feb 21, 2018, at 8:38 AM, abdelghani ALIDRA <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Alex and thanks for your answer,
>> By playing with the contrast I mean to change (dynamically) how visible lighter colors are from darker ones. And by dynamically, I mean I dont want to re-build the visu.
>>
>> To be more specific, I can have for a certain visu, a shape coloured with Color red and bordered with Color red slightlyDarker.
>> At some point I would like to see the difference between these two colours and at some other point I dont.
>> So for instance, I increase the contrast and I see the border of the shape them I decrease it then I see the shape uniformaly coloured.
>>
>> So, is there a way to do so?
>> Thanks,
>> Abdelghani
>>

>> De : Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]>
>> À : abdelghani ALIDRA <[hidden email]>; Any question about pharo is welcome <[hidden email]>
>> Envoyé le : Mercredi 21 février 2018 2h19
>> Objet : Re: [Pharo-users] Roassal : Playing with the contrast
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> What do you mean with contrasts? You mean the colors?
>> Currently, there is no way to automatically assign colors to a visualization, although you can use a color palette (look at the class RTPalette).
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Alexandre
>>

>>> On Feb 20, 2018, at 7:01 AM, abdelghani ALIDRA via Pharo-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>

>>> From: abdelghani ALIDRA <[hidden email]>
>>> Subject: Roassal : Playing with the contrast
>>> Date: February 20, 2018 at 7:01:20 AM GMT-3
>>> To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
>>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am wondering if there is a way to play with the contrast of Roassal visualisations.
>>> If so, please tell me how :)
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance
>>> Abdelghani

Re: Roassal : Playing with the contrast

abergel
Sorry to reply late.

Try this:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
v := RTView new.

fiveCircles := RTEllipse new size: [ :e | 40 atRandom + 5 ]; elementsOn: (1 to: 5).
fiveBoxes := RTBox new size: [ :e | 40 atRandom + 5 ]; elementsOn: (1 to: 5).

v addAll: fiveCircles; addAll: fiveBoxes.

v elements do: [ :element | element translateTo: (200 atRandom @ 200 atRandom) ].

v addMenu: 'Red' callback: [ v canvas shapes do: [ :aTrachelShape | aTrachelShape color: Color red ]. v canvas signalUpdate ].

v addMenu: 'Blue' callback: [ v canvas shapes do: [ :aTrachelShape | aTrachelShape color: Color blue ]. v canvas signalUpdate ].

Let me know how it goes

Alexandre

On Feb 23, 2018, at 3:33 AM, Alidra Abdelghani <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Alex.
I just changed Color red and Color bleu with TrachelShape color slightlyDarker.

It works perfect :)
Thanks again.
Abdelghani