Roassal : error during rendering locks UI?

Roassal : error during rendering locks UI?

Nicolai Hess
Aside from the fact that this issue is filed on the pharo instead of the moose bugtracker
14858 Hangup when rendering TRLabelShape with SmallInteger instance as text

I wonder why the error locks the UI.
I can see a RMOD, maybe Trachel should stop any attempt for rendering
if the Morph has the #errorOnDraw property set?

nicolai

Re: Roassal : error during rendering locks UI?

Nicolai Hess
Strange. My immediate reaction is to insert a call to #asString somewhere in TRLabelShape.

Alexandre

Yes, for this particular case. But the question is, why it does not stop and shows
a debugger?

The Error "Error: Instances of SmallInteger are not indexable"
is thrown over and over again. The UI is not locked, it is just
to busy with throwing exceptions in every update cycle.

Le 3 févr. 2015 à 18:37, Nicolai Hess <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Aside from the fact that this issue is filed on the pharo instead of the moose bugtracker
14858 Hangup when rendering TRLabelShape with SmallInteger instance as text

I wonder why the error locks the UI.
I can see a RMOD, maybe Trachel should stop any attempt for rendering
if the Morph has the #errorOnDraw property set?

nicolai

Re: Roassal : error during rendering locks UI?

abergel
No idea. This is a bug in Morph. But it has been there for decades. Not easy to fix I guess.

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu