Roassal new algorithms

MathieuDehouck

Hi

There are more than simply linear, quadratic and cubic Bezier curves. In fact, as you can have as many control points as you wish, you can have a Bezier curve of any order.

But what I was calling RadialBezierCurve was a kind of strategy, I mean I have an abstract class which knows how to compute a curve, but I still have to choose my control points so I was thinking to create different subclasses whose role is to know what are their control points :

- The radial one choose its control points within the same radius as its source and its target.

I wanted to create an ortoVertical and an ortoHorizontal whose control points would have been computed differently, so that we could use Bezier curve for regular tree too.

Regards

Mathieu

Re: Roassal new algorithms

Stéphane Ducasse
mathieu

can you discuss with igor because he can give also some really nice feedback and ideas?

Stef

Hi

There are more than simply linear, quadratic and cubic Bezier curves. In fact, as you can have as many control points as you wish, you can have a Bezier curve of any order.

But what I was calling RadialBezierCurve was a kind of strategy, I mean I have an abstract class which knows how to compute a curve, but I still have to choose my control points so I was thinking to create different subclasses whose role is to know what are their control points :

- The radial one choose its control points within the same radius as its source and its target.

I wanted to create an ortoVertical and an ortoHorizontal whose control points would have been computed differently, so that we could use Bezier curve for regular tree too.

Regards

Mathieu

Re: Roassal new algorithms

Igor Stasenko
(im not on moose list)

On 19 April 2013 12:27, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> mathieu
>
> can you discuss with igor because he can give also some really nice feedback
> and ideas?
>
> Stef
>
> Hi
>

> There are more than simply linear, quadratic and cubic Bezier curves. In
> fact, as you can have as many control points as you wish, you can have a
> Bezier curve of any order.

yes. but there's tradeoff with computing efficiency.
Basically N-order bezier curve can be represented by a list of points
(number of points
defines an order).

> But what I was calling RadialBezierCurve was a kind of strategy, I mean I
> have an abstract class which knows how to compute a curve, but I still have
> to choose my control points so I was thinking to create different subclasses
> whose role is to know what are their control points :
>
> - The radial one choose its control points within the same radius as its
> source and its target.
>
> I wanted to create an ortoVertical and an ortoHorizontal whose control
> points would have been computed differently, so that we could use Bezier
> curve for regular tree too.

umm.. not sure i understand how curves related to trees.

> Regards
>

> Mathieu

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: Roassal new algorithms

abergel
There are more than simply linear, quadratic and cubic Bezier curves. In fact, as you can have as many control points as you wish, you can have a Bezier curve of any order.

Ok

But what I was calling RadialBezierCurve was a kind of strategy, I mean I have an abstract class which knows how to compute a curve, but I still have to choose my control points so I was thinking to create different subclasses whose role is to know what are their control points :

- The radial one choose its control points within the same radius as its source and its target.

Ah ok

I wanted to create an ortoVertical and an ortoHorizontal whose control points would have been computed differently, so that we could use Bezier curve for regular tree too.

It would be cool to have hierarchical bundles edges in Roassal.
A screenshot of what it looks like:

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu