Roassal real-time

12

Roassal real-time

jannik laval
Hi Alex,

In roassal I would like to follow an element and check its value every second.
Is there something in Roassal that do this stuff ?

Re: Roassal real-time

abergel
Yes!! This is easy.
I suggest you to create an animation for this. Do not use thread, this is unnecessary. I do not have my laptop with me. But you can get inspiration from the class RTSteppingLayout.

Let me know how it goes

Alexandre

Le 24-10-2014 à 7:22, jannik laval <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi Alex,

In roassal I would like to follow an element and check its value every second.
Is there something in Roassal that do this stuff ?

Re: Roassal real-time

jannik laval
Hi Alex,

I did not found the class RTSteppingLayout.
But I tried this script that do the job.

We can surely improve it:

===
| b el|
b := RTView new.
[el := RTElement forCollection: (PhaROSSystemInfo instance topicList).
el do:[:e | e + RTLabel.
"e @ RTDraggable."
].
b elements do:[:e | b removeElement: e].
b addAll: el.
RTGridLayout new on: el.
b signalUpdate.
] valueWithInterval: 1second.

b open.
===

Yes!! This is easy.
I suggest you to create an animation for this. Do not use thread, this is unnecessary. I do not have my laptop with me. But you can get inspiration from the class RTSteppingLayout.

Let me know how it goes

Alexandre

Le 24-10-2014 à 7:22, jannik laval <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi Alex,

In roassal I would like to follow an element and check its value every second.
Is there something in Roassal that do this stuff ?

Re: Roassal real-time

jannik laval
Hum, I will check this class.

Another question: I build 3 views in 3 different methods.
Now, I want to add these view in 1 view.

I tried to add them as:
==
viewAll add: self view1
viewAll add: self view2
viewAll add: self view3
===
But it does not work. A RTView does not accept another RTView.
What is the way to do that ?

Jannik

[...]

My point is that I want to do a board with multiple views. I saw that in the Roassal example pane.

How did you do that ?

[...]

Thierry Goubier

I don't believe you can add view to a view, however you can either use the same view in all methods (if you are using builders you can pass view to them, or use renderIn: aView method)

Hi Peter,

can you give an example? Does that mean all builders have a view: method (or is that renderIn:?). I'm interested because I'd like to mix builders.

Thierry

Re: Roassal real-time

Peter Uhnak
My point is that I want to do a board with multiple views. I saw that in the Roassal example pane.
If you mean what I think that's not actually Roassal, that is just regular images. You can always investigate the source code of Roassal>ExampleBrowser package/RTExampleBrowser/RTAbstractExample.

can you give an example? Does that mean all builders have a view: method (or is that renderIn:?). I'm interested because I'd like to mix builders.
The base class RTBuilder have both view: and renderIn:; if not specified the builder will create its own view.
I don't know if this is the intended way, but that's how I use it and it seems to work. :)
Look at RTComposerExample>>exampleClassAnalysis.

Peter

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 4:38 PM, Thierry Goubier <[hidden email]> wrote:

I don't believe you can add view to a view, however you can either use the same view in all methods (if you are using builders you can pass view to them, or use renderIn: aView method)

Hi Peter,

can you give an example? Does that mean all builders have a view: method (or is that renderIn:?). I'm interested because I'd like to mix builders.

Thierry

Re: Roassal real-time

Thierry Goubier

My point is that I want to do a board with multiple views. I saw that in the Roassal example pane.
If you mean what I think that's not actually Roassal, that is just regular images. You can always investigate the source code of Roassal>ExampleBrowser package/RTExampleBrowser/RTAbstractExample.

I think it is a RTView with RTBimapShape(s) inside.

can you give an example? Does that mean all builders have a view: method (or is that renderIn:?). I'm interested because I'd like to mix builders.
The base class RTBuilder have both view: and renderIn:; if not specified the builder will create its own view.
I don't know if this is the intended way, but that's how I use it and it seems to work. :)
Look at RTComposerExample>>exampleClassAnalysis.

Cool. I made a subclass of RTView for my needs, and this means I can use any builder on it :)

Thierry

[...]

Ok, I don't understood that they are simple image.
So, I will go to understand builders.

Do you have simple examples ?

Jannik

[...]

Yes, I meant RTSpringLayoutStepping. I wrote the email on my iphone, without my laptop.

Cheers,
Alexandre

> On Oct 24, 2014, at 10:59 AM, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Maybe he meant RTSpringLayoutStepping? There are couple examples for it in RTRoassalExample.
>
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 3:40 PM, jannik laval <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> I did not found the class RTSteppingLayout.
> But I tried this script that do the job.
>
> We can surely improve it:
>
> ===
> | b el|
> b := RTView new.
>
> [el := RTElement forCollection: (PhaROSSystemInfo instance topicList).
> el do:[:e | e + RTLabel.
> "e @ RTDraggable."
> ].
> b elements do:[:e | b removeElement: e].
> b addAll: el.
> RTGridLayout new on: el.
> b signalUpdate.
> ] valueWithInterval: 1second.
>
> b open.
> ===

> Yes!! This is easy.
> I suggest you to create an animation for this. Do not use thread, this is unnecessary. I do not have my laptop with me. But you can get inspiration from the class RTSteppingLayout.
>
> Let me know how it goes
>
> Alexandre
>
> Le 24-10-2014 à 7:22, jannik laval <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> In roassal I would like to follow an element and check its value every second.
>> Is there something in Roassal that do this stuff ?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> --
>> ~~Jannik Laval~~
>> École des Mines de Douai
>> Enseignant-chercheur
>> http://www.jannik-laval.eu
>> http://www.phratch.com
>> http://www.approchealpes.info
>> http://car.mines-douai.fr/

> ~~Jannik Laval~~
> École des Mines de Douai
> Enseignant-chercheur
> http://www.jannik-laval.eu
> http://www.phratch.com
> http://www.approchealpes.info
> http://car.mines-douai.fr/

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Roassal real-time

abergel
Hi Jannik,

What you can do, is something like:

viewAll addAll: self view1 elements.
viewAll addAll: self view2 elements.
viewAll addAll: self view3 elements.

This should work without any problem. Sorry for my slow answer. I am just back from a trip.

Cheers,
Alexandre

> On Oct 24, 2014, at 11:07 AM, jannik laval <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hum, I will check this class.
>
> Another question: I build 3 views in 3 different methods.
> Now, I want to add these view in 1 view.
>
> I tried to add them as:
> ==
> viewAll add: self view1
> viewAll add: self view2
> viewAll add: self view3
> ===
> But it does not work. A RTView does not accept another RTView.
> What is the way to do that ?
>
> Jannik

> Maybe he meant RTSpringLayoutStepping? There are couple examples for it in RTRoassalExample.
>
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 3:40 PM, jannik laval <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> I did not found the class RTSteppingLayout.
> But I tried this script that do the job.
>
> We can surely improve it:
>
> ===
> | b el|
> b := RTView new.
>
> [el := RTElement forCollection: (PhaROSSystemInfo instance topicList).
> el do:[:e | e + RTLabel.
> "e @ RTDraggable."
> ].
> b elements do:[:e | b removeElement: e].
> b addAll: el.
> RTGridLayout new on: el.
> b signalUpdate.
> ] valueWithInterval: 1second.
>
> b open.
> ===

> Yes!! This is easy.
> I suggest you to create an animation for this. Do not use thread, this is unnecessary. I do not have my laptop with me. But you can get inspiration from the class RTSteppingLayout.
>
> Let me know how it goes
>
> Alexandre
>
> Le 24-10-2014 à 7:22, jannik laval <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> In roassal I would like to follow an element and check its value every second.
>> Is there something in Roassal that do this stuff ?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> --
>> ~~Jannik Laval~~
>> École des Mines de Douai
>> Enseignant-chercheur
>> http://www.jannik-laval.eu
>> http://www.phratch.com
>> http://www.approchealpes.info
>> http://car.mines-douai.fr/

> ~~Jannik Laval~~
> École des Mines de Douai
> Enseignant-chercheur
> http://www.jannik-laval.eu
> http://www.phratch.com
> http://www.approchealpes.info
> http://car.mines-douai.fr/

> ~~Jannik Laval~~
> École des Mines de Douai
> Enseignant-chercheur
> http://www.jannik-laval.eu
> http://www.phratch.com
> http://www.approchealpes.info
> http://car.mines-douai.fr/

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Roassal real-time

abergel
Just to let you know, you can compose visualization on a unique view. For example:
        RTComposerExample new exampleClassAnalysis3

As Peter said, having one unique view is the way to go. But if you prefer otherwise, no problem at all.

Cheers,
Alexandre

> [...]
> "e @ RTDraggable."
> ].
> b elements do:[:e | b removeElement: e].
> b addAll: el.
> RTGridLayout new on: el.
> b signalUpdate.
> ] valueWithInterval: 1second.
>
> b open.
> ===

> Yes!! This is easy.
> I suggest you to create an animation for this. Do not use thread, this is unnecessary. I do not have my laptop with me. But you can get inspiration from the class RTSteppingLayout.
>
> Let me know how it goes
>
> Alexandre
>
> Le 24-10-2014 à 7:22, jannik laval <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> In roassal I would like to follow an element and check its value every second.
>> Is there something in Roassal that do this stuff ?

Yes, there is the method: RTBuilder>>view:

Check the method the implementation of #exampleClassAnalysis3

Cheers,
Alexandre

> On Oct 24, 2014, at 11:38 AM, Thierry Goubier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't believe you can add view to a view, however you can either use the same view in all methods (if you are using builders you can pass view to them, or use renderIn: aView method)
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> can you give an example? Does that mean all builders have a view: method (or is that renderIn:?). I'm interested because I'd like to mix builders.
>
> Thierry

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Roassal real-time

abergel
Why did you create a subclass of RTView?  What is missing in RTView that you need to subclass it?

Cheers,
Alexandre

> On Oct 24, 2014, at 12:21 PM, Thierry Goubier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > My point is that I want to do a board with multiple views. I saw that in the Roassal example pane.
> If you mean what I think that's not actually Roassal, that is just regular images. You can always investigate the source code of Roassal>ExampleBrowser package/RTExampleBrowser/RTAbstractExample.
>
> I think it is a RTView with RTBimapShape(s) inside.
>

> > can you give an example? Does that mean all builders have a view: method (or is that renderIn:?). I'm interested because I'd like to mix builders.
> The base class RTBuilder have both view: and renderIn:; if not specified the builder will create its own view.
> I don't know if this is the intended way, but that's how I use it and it seems to work. :)
> Look at RTComposerExample>>exampleClassAnalysis.
>
> Cool. I made a subclass of RTView for my needs, and this means I can use any builder on it :)
>
> Thierry
>

> Peter
>

> On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 4:38 PM, Thierry Goubier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't believe you can add view to a view, however you can either use the same view in all methods (if you are using builders you can pass view to them, or use renderIn: aView method)
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> can you give an example? Does that mean all builders have a view: method (or is that renderIn:?). I'm interested because I'd like to mix builders.
>
> Thierry

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Roassal real-time

abergel
There is a chapter on builders:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31543901/AgileVisualization/Builder/0201-Builders.html

Cheers,
Alexandre

Le 28/10/2014 13:22, Alexandre Bergel a écrit :
> Why did you create a subclass of RTView?  What is missing in RTView that you need to subclass it?

I was trying to have a fixed shape as a background of normal shapes. So
I tried to change the way fixed shapes were handled with a RTView
subclass. Then I subclassed Canvas, Camera, TRMorph, and RTPopup, and...

and then I gave up... :(

Now, I have a better understanding of how Roassal works ;)

Thierry

> Cheers,
> Alexandre
>

>> On Oct 24, 2014, at 12:21 PM, Thierry Goubier <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> My point is that I want to do a board with multiple views. I saw that in the Roassal example pane.
>> If you mean what I think that's not actually Roassal, that is just regular images. You can always investigate the source code of Roassal>ExampleBrowser package/RTExampleBrowser/RTAbstractExample.
>>
>> I think it is a RTView with RTBimapShape(s) inside.
>>

>>> can you give an example? Does that mean all builders have a view: method (or is that renderIn:?). I'm interested because I'd like to mix builders.
>> The base class RTBuilder have both view: and renderIn:; if not specified the builder will create its own view.
>> I don't know if this is the intended way, but that's how I use it and it seems to work. :)
>> Look at RTComposerExample>>exampleClassAnalysis.
>>
>> Cool. I made a subclass of RTView for my needs, and this means I can use any builder on it :)
>>
>> Thierry
>>

>> Peter
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 4:38 PM, Thierry Goubier <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> I don't believe you can add view to a view, however you can either use the same view in all methods (if you are using builders you can pass view to them, or use renderIn: aView method)
>>
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> can you give an example? Does that mean all builders have a view: method (or is that renderIn:?). I'm interested because I'd like to mix builders.
>>
>> Thierry

Re: Roassal real-time

abergel
"have a fixed shape as a background of normal shapes”
What do you mean exactly?

Cheers,
Alexandre

Le 28/10/2014 13:52, Alexandre Bergel a écrit :
> "have a fixed shape as a background of normal shapes”
> What do you mean exactly?

You'll have to wait for a demo of the screenshots I sent you :)

Thierry

> Cheers,
> Alexandre
>

>> On Oct 28, 2014, at 9:38 AM, Thierry Goubier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Le 28/10/2014 13:22, Alexandre Bergel a écrit :
>>> Why did you create a subclass of RTView?  What is missing in RTView that you need to subclass it?
>>
>> I was trying to have a fixed shape as a background of normal shapes. So I tried to change the way fixed shapes were handled with a RTView subclass. Then I subclassed Canvas, Camera, TRMorph, and RTPopup, and...
>>
>> and then I gave up... :(
>>
>> Now, I have a better understanding of how Roassal works ;)
>>
>> Thierry
>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> Alexandre

12