Roassal to ODG

Arturo Zambrano
Hi all,
 Is there any project for exporting Roassal to ODG (vector graphic format from open document format standard)? The closest thing I could find is RTPDFExporter (the generated PDF can be opened using (Libre/S/G)Office suite).

If there no such exporter, how difficult should it  be to build one, compared to RTPDFExporter?

 TIA
Arturo

Re: Roassal to ODG

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi Arturo

I have no idea about the answer. But hello from snowy France :)

Stef

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 6:49 PM, Arturo Zambrano
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>  Is there any project for exporting Roassal to ODG (vector graphic format
> from open document format standard)? The closest thing I could find is
> RTPDFExporter (the generated PDF can be opened using (Libre/S/G)Office
> suite).
>
> If there no such exporter, how difficult should it  be to build one,
> compared to RTPDFExporter?
>
>  TIA
> Arturo

Re: Roassal to ODG

Peter Uhnak
There is SVG exporter.

I've never heard about ODG, is it commonly used outside of OpenOffice itself?

Peter

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>  Is there any project for exporting Roassal to ODG (vector graphic format
> from open document format standard)? The closest thing I could find is
> RTPDFExporter (the generated PDF can be opened using (Libre/S/G)Office
> suite).
>
> If there no such exporter, how difficult should it  be to build one,
> compared to RTPDFExporter?
>
>  TIA
> Arturo

Re: Roassal to ODG

Arturo Zambrano

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 5:35 PM, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:
There is SVG exporter.

Yes, I'm aware of that.

I've never heard about ODG, is it commonly used outside of OpenOffice itself?

Not much, you  are right.

SVG should suffice, my point is generating a kind of flowcharts that may need manual edition.
When I open the generated SVG, reasonably , every piece of the graphic is separated (you know
 simple arrow is three separated lines, and things like that)...

I would like to generate something like a Visio drawing... but in the open source world... so I though
generating an ODG would be a good alternative.

I'm not familiar with SVG details, if it is possible to group shapes and lines that would be OK.

So I want to re post my question:
 "What is  the best option to generate an editable flow chart from Pharo (Roassal)?"

Thanks for your feedback  Peter!

best regards

Peter

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 9:29 PM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Arturo

I have no idea about the answer. But hello from snowy France :)

Hi  Stef, Hope everyone is OK with the icy winter :)

best regards.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>  Is there any project for exporting Roassal to ODG (vector graphic format
> from open document format standard)? The closest thing I could find is
> RTPDFExporter (the generated PDF can be opened using (Libre/S/G)Office
> suite).
>
> If there no such exporter, how difficult should it  be to build one,
> compared to RTPDFExporter?
>
>  TIA
> Arturo

Re: Roassal to ODG

abergel
> So I want to re post my question:
>  "What is  the best option to generate an editable flow chart from Pharo (Roassal)?”

There are none as far as I know. However, this is something that can be done (rather easily I would say).

Alexandre

Re: Roassal to ODG

Arturo Zambrano

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 7:27 AM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> So I want to re post my question:
>  "What is  the best option to generate an editable flow chart from Pharo (Roassal)?”

There are none as far as I know. However, this is something that can be done (rather easily I would say).

Thanks, any direction?

Alexandre

Re: Roassal to ODG

abergel
How do you want to generate the flow? You can create a view and add callback to add boxes and arrow.
Is this what you mean?

Alexandre

> On Feb 13, 2018, at 12:09 PM, Arturo Zambrano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 7:27 AM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > So I want to re post my question:
> >  "What is  the best option to generate an editable flow chart from Pharo (Roassal)?”
>
> There are none as far as I know. However, this is something that can be done (rather easily I would say).
>
> Thanks, any direction?
>

> Alexandre

Re: Roassal to ODG

Arturo Zambrano
I apologize for my late reply...

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 10:20 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
How do you want to generate the flow? You can create a view and add callback to add boxes and arrow.
Is this what you mean?

I already generated the graph in a roassal view. My intention is to export it in a "visio-like" format, that can be opened by some free (as in beer) tool.
That´s was I thought first in ODG. But it could be anything editable. SVG is not so good, as every single vector is independent, so edition could be a nightmare.

Alexandre

> On Feb 13, 2018, at 12:09 PM, Arturo Zambrano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 7:27 AM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > So I want to re post my question:
> >  "What is  the best option to generate an editable flow chart from Pharo (Roassal)?”
>
> There are none as far as I know. However, this is something that can be done (rather easily I would say).
>
> Thanks, any direction?
>

> Alexandre

Re: Roassal to ODG

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2

I wonder if there is any way to save SVG from Roassal, so some parts of them can be grouped, as when you group and ungroup parts of a SVG image from Inkscape and similar tools.

Cheers,

Offray

On 08/03/18 21:04, Arturo Zambrano wrote:
I apologize for my late reply...

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 10:20 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
How do you want to generate the flow? You can create a view and add callback to add boxes and arrow.
Is this what you mean?

I already generated the graph in a roassal view. My intention is to export it in a "visio-like" format, that can be opened by some free (as in beer) tool.
That´s was I thought first in ODG. But it could be anything editable. SVG is not so good, as every single vector is independent, so edition could be a nightmare.

Alexandre

> On Feb 13, 2018, at 12:09 PM, Arturo Zambrano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 7:27 AM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > So I want to re post my question:
> >  "What is  the best option to generate an editable flow chart from Pharo (Roassal)?”
>
> There are none as far as I know. However, this is something that can be done (rather easily I would say).
>
> Thanks, any direction?
>

> Alexandre

Re: Roassal to ODG

Arturo Zambrano
Yes, SVG can be generated from Roassal.
Thanks for the grouping idea, that would fit my need.

I will take a look at it, maybe grouping can be added to Roassal svg export.