Roassal workflow

12

Re: Roassal workflow

jannik laval
Is is mail a kind of noise ?
Are you joking ?

I am trying to understand Roassal, so please, do send this kind of message. It is really negative: you are saying that I am too stupid to not understand things at the first time.
So, when you are creating a community, don't send this kind of message.
If you don't like this thread, just don't read it.

Jannik

Sorry guys there is no need to repeat all the written mail over and over
again. Where's the sound in all that noise?

Re: Roassal workflow

abergel
Hi Jannik,

I think Friedrich is suggesting to shrink emails by avoiding copying all the previous mail content. For example, below you will see the email you’ve just sent, which is not strictly necessary.

Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

On Nov 10, 2014, at 12:11 PM, jannik laval <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is is mail a kind of noise ?
Are you joking ?

I am trying to understand Roassal, so please, do send this kind of message. It is really negative: you are saying that I am too stupid to not understand things at the first time.
So, when you are creating a community, don't send this kind of message.
If you don't like this thread, just don't read it.

Jannik

Sorry guys there is no need to repeat all the written mail over and over
again. Where's the sound in all that noise?

Re: Roassal workflow

jannik laval

Hi Jannik,

I think Friedrich is suggesting to shrink emails by avoiding copying all the previous mail content. For example, below you will see the email you’ve just sent, which is not strictly necessary.

Ok, probably I don't understand what he want to say.
But in the standard behavior of a mail client, it copies all the previous mail.

Jannik

Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

On Nov 10, 2014, at 12:11 PM, jannik laval <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is is mail a kind of noise ?
Are you joking ?

I am trying to understand Roassal, so please, do send this kind of message. It is really negative: you are saying that I am too stupid to not understand things at the first time.
So, when you are creating a community, don't send this kind of message.
If you don't like this thread, just don't read it.

Jannik

Sorry guys there is no need to repeat all the written mail over and over
again. Where's the sound in all that noise?

Re: Roassal workflow

Peter Uhnak
On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 11:25 AM, Friedrich Dominicus <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sorry guys there is no need to repeat all the written mail over and over
again. Where's the sound in all that noise?

This is maybe worth having thread of it's own? Because what I've seen most people (me included) just hit reply and let the email client quote the previous email(s). For me gmail hides the quoted text in both reply and incoming mails so it's not an issue for me. I didn't even realize it could be an issue for someone else.

Peter

Re: Roassal workflow

Stephan Eggermont-3
Yes, please do not quote more text than is needed, and use basic netiquette.
No top-posting. I sometimes have to follow these lists through forum.world.st,
or as an email-digest on my phone, and the enormous amount of garbage
between comments makes it much more difficult and time-consuming to react.

Stephan

Re: Roassal workflow

Ben Coman

Alexandre Bergel wrote:
 > Hi Jannik,
 >
 > I think Friedrich is suggesting to shrink emails by avoiding copying
 > all the previous mail content. For example, below you will see the
 > email you’ve just sent, which is not strictly necessary.

Equally annoying are posts from webforum clients that include no context
at all. Its a balance.

I have sometimes felt that editing the full quoted text may violate some
  authenticity of the quoted text, but actually editing it shows care in
discussion (and so too does manually quoting from a web forum).

An easy win is to remove signatures from quoted text, since they quickly
bulk up the thread.

cheers -ben

Re: Roassal workflow

Ben Coman
Stephan Eggermont wrote:
> Yes, please do not quote more text than is needed, and use basic netiquette.
> No top-posting. I sometimes have to follow these lists through forum.world.st,
> or as an email-digest on my phone, and the enormous amount of garbage
> between comments makes it much more difficult and time-consuming to react.

You mean...
http://www.idallen.com/topposting.html

and the original (if a little dated)...
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html