Roassal2 / Application Matrix

volkert-2
Dear all,

is such a visualization out of the box possible with Roassal2?

BW,
Volkert

Application Matrix (190K) Download Attachment

Re: Roassal2 / Application Matrix

stepharo
You would have a better idea to develop it in plain morphic because
roassal is not done for doing that.
Morphic is perfect for such kind of design.
Roassal is for vsiauzalition not building UI.

Stef

Le 28/6/15 09:49, Volkert a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> is such a visualization out of the box possible with Roassal2?
>
> BW,
> Volkert

Re: Roassal2 / Application Matrix

volkert-2
for me it is not ui building ...

I am using roassal already for many other things and i see not, why it
should not be possible to do this in roassal.

Exporting the visualisation for web or as svg is also important for me.

It would be nice to use roassal here.

Volkert

Am 28.06.2015 um 09:54 schrieb stepharo:

> You would have a better idea to develop it in plain morphic because
> roassal is not done for doing that.
> Morphic is perfect for such kind of design.
> Roassal is for vsiauzalition not building UI.
>
> Stef
>

> Le 28/6/15 09:49, Volkert a écrit :
>> Dear all,
>>
>> is such a visualization out of the box possible with Roassal2?
>>
>> BW,
>> Volkert

Re: Roassal2 / Application Matrix

Peter Uhnak
I think the question here is: do you have a model of this that you just want to visualize, or do you want to build interactive application where you can rename things, drag them around, add them, delete them, and such?
If the former, then it's just a bunch of rectangles, labels, and a cell layout, so it's quite simple.
If the latter, then it would require quite a lot of work... but it gives me an idea... I'm working on a modeling platform and I think it would be possible to implement it there... I'll have to think about it.
But right now using morphic would be a better solution for an app - look at Stephan's DragPanels, I think it could be repurposed here. http://forum.world.st/Ann-DragPanels-Floating-palette-windows-with-drag-and-drop-in-Morphic-td4834283.html

Exporting the visualisation for web or as svg is also important for me.
Roassal supports svg exports. Even some limited interactivity on the web. http://forum.world.st/Roassal-HTML-exporter-td4795564.html

Peter

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 10:34 AM, Volkert <[hidden email]> wrote:
for me it is not ui building ...

I am using roassal already for many other things and i see not, why it should not be possible to do this in roassal.

Exporting the visualisation for web or as svg is also important for me.

It would be nice to use roassal here.

Volkert

Am 28.06.2015 um 09:54 schrieb stepharo:
You would have a better idea to develop it in plain morphic because roassal is not done for doing that.
Morphic is perfect for such kind of design.
Roassal is for vsiauzalition not building UI.

Stef

Le 28/6/15 09:49, Volkert a écrit :
Dear all,

is such a visualization out of the box possible with Roassal2?

BW,
Volkert

Re: Roassal2 / Application Matrix

volkert-2
Yes, i have a model and only want to visualize it.

The elements on the X and Y-axis defining a frame where i can insert different elements.

It should be possible to control coloring of the elements, depending on the state/rules.

Interactivity only as currently supported with roassal (events, info popups, maybe simple menus)

no drag & drop, no renaming, no adding, removing ...

Volkert

Am 28.06.2015 um 11:45 schrieb Peter Uhnák:
[...]

abergel
Hi !

Yes, this is trivial I would say.
This evening I will give a try

Alexandre

> Le 28 juin 2015 à 04:49, Volkert <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Dear all,
>
> is such a visualization out of the box possible with Roassal2?
>
> BW,
> Volkert
>
> <Application Matrix>

Re: Roassal2 / Application Matrix

Peter Uhnak
Well if you want super-crude procedural prototype, I've made this http://ws.stfx.eu/MSUIRBAZKN2O

​The layouting is very, very ugly and could be probably be simplified with RTNest and RTCellLayout on the whole table, but I wanted to spend ​as little time as possible (the whole code in ~30 minutes).

Also in your original picture there are boxes with rounded corners; Roassal doesn't support this yet (afaik), but I can send you implementation for it as I have it in my project.

Peter

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 1:30 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi !

Yes, this is trivial I would say.
This evening I will give a try

Alexandre

> Le 28 juin 2015 à 04:49, Volkert <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Dear all,
>
> is such a visualization out of the box possible with Roassal2?
>
> BW,
> Volkert
>
> <Application Matrix>

Re: Roassal2 / Application Matrix

volkert-2
Hey, that was fast. So looks if it is easily possible. Cool.

Export to html is ok, export to svg has some glitches with cell coloring.

Peter, i do not understand, why "Mailsnake" must be unique?

Volkert

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 3:07 PM, Volkert <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey, that was fast. So looks if it is easily possible. Cool.

Export to html is ok, export to svg has some glitches with cell coloring.
Would be best if you describe it further so Alex can look at it.

Peter, i do not understand, why "Mailsnake" must be unique?
Because I flatten the matrix, thus there are two associations "Mailsnake -> 2", and in RTGroup>>elementsFromModels: it internally uses detect: so it would in all cases take the first association. There are of course other ways how to do this, but this was the simplest for me.

Am 28.06.2015 um 15:31 schrieb Peter Uhnák:

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 3:07 PM, Volkert <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey, that was fast. So looks if it is easily possible. Cool.

Export to html is ok, export to svg has some glitches with cell coloring.
Would be best if you describe it further so Alex can look at it.
I attached the exported svg of the matrix ...

Peter, i do not understand, why "Mailsnake" must be unique?
Because I flatten the matrix, thus there are two associations "Mailsnake -> 2", and in RTGroup>>elementsFromModels: it internally uses detect: so it would in all cases take the first association. There are of course other ways how to do this, but this was the simplest for me.

I see ...

Thanks,

matrix.svg (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Roassal2 / Application Matrix

stepharo
Good luck then.
I'm quite that roassal is not a ui builder and that Morph is a much
better abstraction for such design: drag and drop, reshuffling of cells.

Stef

Le 28/6/15 10:34, Volkert a écrit :

> for me it is not ui building ...
>
> I am using roassal already for many other things and i see not, why it
> should not be possible to do this in roassal.
>
> Exporting the visualisation for web or as svg is also important for me.
>
> It would be nice to use roassal here.
>
> Volkert
>
> Am 28.06.2015 um 09:54 schrieb stepharo:
>> You would have a better idea to develop it in plain morphic because
>> roassal is not done for doing that.
>> Morphic is perfect for such kind of design.
>> Roassal is for vsiauzalition not building UI.
>>
>> Stef
>>

>> Le 28/6/15 09:49, Volkert a écrit :
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> is such a visualization out of the box possible with Roassal2?
>>>
>>> BW,
>>> Volkert

Re: Roassal2 / Application Matrix

abergel
Peter, this is impressive!

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Roassal2 / Application Matrix

abergel
Volker, I started to do something called RTApplicationMatrix.
But the Peter’s script seems to do a much better job. It would be great if you can structure it a bit.

Alexandre

> On Jun 28, 2015, at 8:56 AM, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Well if you want super-crude procedural prototype, I've made this http://ws.stfx.eu/MSUIRBAZKN2O
>
> <2015-06-28_13:50:17.png>
> ​The layouting is very, very ugly and could be probably be simplified with RTNest and RTCellLayout on the whole table, but I wanted to spend ​as little time as possible (the whole code in ~30 minutes).
> You can read more about RTNest here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31543901/AgileVisualization/Roassal/0104-Roassal.html (section 5) (and all chapters are here http://agilevisualization.com/#book )
>
> Also in your original picture there are boxes with rounded corners; Roassal doesn't support this yet (afaik), but I can send you implementation for it as I have it in my project.
>
> Peter
>
> On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 1:30 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Yes, this is trivial I would say.
> This evening I will give a try
>
> Alexandre
>

> > Le 28 juin 2015 à 04:49, Volkert <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> > Dear all,
> >
> > is such a visualization out of the box possible with Roassal2?
> >
> > BW,
> > Volkert
> >
> > <Application Matrix>

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Roassal2 / Application Matrix

volkert-2
That is my plan ;-) Can you have look to the svg export? The inner boxes
have no coloring.

BW,
Volkert

Am 30.06.2015 um 00:53 schrieb Alexandre Bergel:

> Volker, I started to do something called RTApplicationMatrix.
> But the Peter’s script seems to do a much better job. It would be great if you can structure it a bit.
>
> Alexandre
>

>> On Jun 28, 2015, at 8:56 AM, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Well if you want super-crude procedural prototype, I've made this http://ws.stfx.eu/MSUIRBAZKN2O
>>
>> <2015-06-28_13:50:17.png>
>> ​The layouting is very, very ugly and could be probably be simplified with RTNest and RTCellLayout on the whole table, but I wanted to spend ​as little time as possible (the whole code in ~30 minutes).
>> You can read more about RTNest here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31543901/AgileVisualization/Roassal/0104-Roassal.html (section 5) (and all chapters are here http://agilevisualization.com/#book )
>>
>> Also in your original picture there are boxes with rounded corners; Roassal doesn't support this yet (afaik), but I can send you implementation for it as I have it in my project.
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 1:30 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi !
>>
>> Yes, this is trivial I would say.
>> This evening I will give a try
>>
>> Alexandre
>>

>>> Le 28 juin 2015 à 04:49, Volkert <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> is such a visualization out of the box possible with Roassal2?
>>>
>>> BW,
>>> Volkert
>>>
>>> <Application Matrix>

Re: Roassal2 / Application Matrix

abergel
Ok
Having a look at it now...

Alexandre

On Jun 30, 2015, at 2:50 PM, volkert <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Volkert,

There was a small problem when we generated the SVG file. Milton fixed it. Update Roassal and you will enjoy the expected behavior.

By the way, will you be at esug?

Cheers,
Alexandre