Roassal2 element bounds

Uko2
Hi,

I’m trying to port rectangle packing layout to roassal 2. And one problem that I’ve encountered was that element now do not understand #bounds. I’ve replaced all #bounds usages with #encompassingRectangle, but in the end layout is broken anyway. Before I start to dig down, maybe there are known changes that can impact layouts?

Uko

Re: Roassal2 element bounds

Uko2
Ok, so it looks like shape is now centred on element’s position, and is not originating (top-left corner) from it. So translateTo: moves centre of a shape to the point. Interesting.

Uko

On 03 Jun 2014, at 12:01, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to port rectangle packing layout to roassal 2. And one problem that I’ve encountered was that element now do not understand #bounds. I’ve replaced all #bounds usages with #encompassingRectangle, but in the end layout is broken anyway. Before I start to dig down, maybe there are known changes that can impact layouts?
>
> Uko

Re: Roassal2 element bounds

Leo Perard
I think RTLayout has a instance variable translator and you can send the message #translateTopLeftOf: anElement to: aPoint.
Maybe it can help you

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 11:17 AM, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok, so it looks like shape is now centred on element’s position, and is not originating (top-left corner) from it. So translateTo: moves centre of a shape to the point. Interesting.

Uko

On 03 Jun 2014, at 12:01, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to port rectangle packing layout to roassal 2. And one problem that I’ve encountered was that element now do not understand #bounds. I’ve replaced all #bounds usages with #encompassingRectangle, but in the end layout is broken anyway. Before I start to dig down, maybe there are known changes that can impact layouts?
>
> Uko

Leo Perard
University of Lille 1

Re: Roassal2 element bounds

Uko2
Very nice, thank you!

On 03 Jun 2014, at 15:08, Leo Perard <[hidden email]> wrote:

I think RTLayout has a instance variable translator and you can send the message #translateTopLeftOf: anElement to: aPoint.
Maybe it can help you

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 11:17 AM, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok, so it looks like shape is now centred on element’s position, and is not originating (top-left corner) from it. So translateTo: moves centre of a shape to the point. Interesting.

Uko

On 03 Jun 2014, at 12:01, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to port rectangle packing layout to roassal 2. And one problem that I’ve encountered was that element now do not understand #bounds. I’ve replaced all #bounds usages with #encompassingRectangle, but in the end layout is broken anyway. Before I start to dig down, maybe there are known changes that can impact layouts?
>
> Uko

Leo Perard
University of Lille 1

Re: Roassal2 element bounds

abergel
:-)
Happy to see the problem solved!

Yes, element position is the center of it.

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu