Roassal2 starting point

Uko2
Hi everyone. Is Roassal2 released? I guess is was already integrated into Moose, and from time to time I see amazing pictures and video on Twitter/Facebook. But is there any new guide? Or changes list from Roassal1?

Cheers.
Uko

Re: Roassal2 starting point

abergel
Hi Uko,

Roassal2 has not been officially announced and released. The reason is simple: Roassal2 targets an audience larger than the Pharo/VW/Amber communities. We would love to see Journalists, Data scientists, Artists, Educators and software engineers enjoying our tools. However, we have to be ready to expose Roassal2 to the World. There are many missing pieces: the font problem has to be solved, we need for a proper documentation, need more sexy examples, nicer integration on the web…

Roassal2 is largely compatible with Roassal1. However, you probably want to do some significant rewriting to benefit from all the cool animations, color fading, fancy interactions, and much more.

We do not have much documentation so far. It will soon come. A book is currently being written (by the way, I am looking to see the effort of Pillar).

A large Chilean crew will be present at esug to demonstrate Roassal2 with fireworks and trumpets.

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu