Robert Tinney poster

Costas Menico
I spoke yesterday to Robert Tinney, artist,  of Byte magazine covers
fame.  The reason this came about, he had put up for auction a bunch
of BYTE magazine posters on ebay. Unfortunately none of them are of
the Smalltalk one. I ended up bidding on another poster anyway.

I was trying to convince him to make more reprints of his famous
Smalltalk poster. He said he couldn't make any signed one's but he
maybe able to make archival prints for sale. I also told him that
maybe he can make a new design and sell that.

I also mentioned to him some of the newer Smalltalk vendors on the
market (including Dolphin) and he was quite interested. Is it
possible, Object-Arts could convince him to make a new Smalltalk
poster? I think he would love to hear from someone.

If you are interested on seeing what his auctioning go to
http:\\www.ebay.com and search for tinney.

His website is http://www.tinney.net although this morning it was
down.

Costas

Re: Robert Tinney poster

jWarrior
iirc, cincom now owns the rights to the original smalltalk poster.
perhaps they would be interested in reprinting it.

"Costas Menico" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> I spoke yesterday to Robert Tinney, artist,  of Byte magazine covers
> fame.  The reason this came about, he had put up for auction a bunch
> of BYTE magazine posters on ebay. Unfortunately none of them are of
> the Smalltalk one. I ended up bidding on another poster anyway.
>
> I was trying to convince him to make more reprints of his famous
> Smalltalk poster. He said he couldn't make any signed one's but he
> maybe able to make archival prints for sale. I also told him that
> maybe he can make a new design and sell that.
>
> I also mentioned to him some of the newer Smalltalk vendors on the
> market (including Dolphin) and he was quite interested. Is it
> possible, Object-Arts could convince him to make a new Smalltalk
> poster? I think he would love to hear from someone.
>
> If you are interested on seeing what his auctioning go to
> http:\\www.ebay.com and search for tinney.
>
> His website is http://www.tinney.net although this morning it was
> down.
>
> Costas

Re: Robert Tinney poster

Costas Menico
On Thu, 20 Sep 2001 11:31:51 -0400, "Donald MacQueen"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>iirc, cincom now owns the rights to the original smalltalk poster.
>perhaps they would be interested in reprinting it.

Not true. The poster was purchased by them and placed in the public
domain.

Re: Robert Tinney poster

Ian Bartholomew-5
In case anyone doesn't know, you can read a bit about the balloon and see a
copy of the cover at

http://st-www.cs.uiuc.edu/balloon.html

Ian