Roles/Parties/etc.

1 message Options

Roles/Parties/etc.

bobcalco
Janko et al.,

I like that Aida provides a framework for managing users and roles and was wondering if you could give a bit of detail about the use cases the current implementation does (and does not) support.

I have a rather complex user access model I need to support and my hierarchy starts with Person also, so I'm wondering whether and how far I can base my implementation on the abstractions you supply (and indeed, whether I must as a matter of design of Aida)?

My model also requires capturing login dates, IP address, and other kinds of information when users log in, so we can detect irregular patterns of usage, etc. I was also wondering if you knew of any geo-location packages for VW that I can use to determine, for example, the country of origin for a given new user, so that the right locale can be selected and displayed to them.

TIA!

- Bob