Ropes looking good but need user testing

Ropes looking good but need user testing

KenDickey
Greetings,

Ropes (functional strings) for Cuis now implement most of String messages and should be quite useful.

        https://github.com/KenDickey/Cuis-Ropes

I would appreciate people using Ropes in place of Strings and sending me feedback.

There are separate unit and performance tests in the unit test suite.

If you make serious use of strings, you will typically get better performance using ropes!

Cheers,
-KenD
--
Ken [dot] Dickey [at] whidbey [dot] com

-KenD

Re: Ropes looking good but need user testing

Juan Vuletich-4
Thanks Ken!

I really need to try this with StyledText and big documents!

BTW, please keep us updated wrt your work on Unicode.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

On 15/03/2013 12:55 a.m., Ken Dickey wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Ropes (functional strings) for Cuis now implement most of String messages and should be quite useful.
>
> https://github.com/KenDickey/Cuis-Ropes
>

> I would appreciate people using Ropes in place of Strings and sending me feedback.
>
> There are separate unit and performance tests in the unit test suite.
>

> If you make serious use of strings, you will typically get better performance using ropes!
>

> Cheers,
> -KenD

Unicode status update

KenDickey
On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 08:50:56 -0300
Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> BTW, please keep us updated wrt your work on Unicode.

I just did a push.  Right now things are in transition and there is a lot of breakage.

I have been porting unit tests and code from the Ropes implementation.  [10 of 56 unit tests fail].

I am currently working on the implementation of line and word breaks.  This is covered in two appendices in the Unicode standard weighing in at about 100 pages of description that combine character classes and scanning.  A bit more complex than one would like.

Apologies for "going dark". I am making progress. At this point you have discovered me with a wrench and screw driver in hand with the machine open and parts scattered all over the floor.

More later,
-KenD
--
Ken [dot] Dickey [at] whidbey [dot] com

-KenD

Re: Unicode status update

Juan Vuletich-4
On 21/03/2013 01:21 p.m., Ken Dickey wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 08:50:56 -0300
> Juan Vuletich<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> BTW, please keep us updated wrt your work on Unicode.
> I just did a push.  Right now things are in transition and there is a lot of breakage.
>
> I have been porting unit tests and code from the Ropes implementation.  [10 of 56 unit tests fail].
>
> I am currently working on the implementation of line and word breaks.  This is covered in two appendices in the Unicode standard weighing in at about 100 pages of description that combine character classes and scanning.  A bit more complex than one would like.

Hehehe. I guess that a simplified version that could fit in one page
could be enough for 99% of the people, right?

> Apologies for "going dark". I am making progress. At this point you have discovered me with a wrench and screw driver in hand with the machine open and parts scattered all over the floor.

:) You must be having fun!

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich