Rotate and Change Color don't work in halos?

Rotate and Change Color don't work in halos?

garduino
Hi:

I'm playing a bit with morphs, trying to build some interesting UI's,
and seems that change color and rotate don't work in halos. I'm doing
something wrong?

Thanks.

--
Sincerely,
Germán Arduino

Re: Rotate and Change Color don't work in halos?

Casey Ransberger-2
There are reasons for the former. If you think about it, rotate probably works with pixels, and rotate in Morphic 3 probably works with vectors, so in the long term the code would have to have been rewritten anyway.

Some things like this have been removed in part because they were in the way of goal-oriented work that was going on. I miss rotate too, but it makes sense that Juan ripped it out.

I don't recall what the reason was for change color, but it may be as simple as that Juan removed the color picker from Squeak because it... well frankly, isn't a very good color picker.

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 10:05 AM, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi:

I'm playing a bit with morphs, trying to build some interesting UI's,
and seems that change color and rotate don't work in halos. I'm doing
something wrong?

Thanks.

--
Sincerely,
Germán Arduino
about.me/garduino

Casey Ransberger

Re: Rotate and Change Color don't work in halos?

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Germán,

Cuis doesn't currently support general rotation of morphs. Morphs
supporting rotation need to implement it themselves. Change color via
menu is not working, Cuis is needing a new ColorPicker. It does work via
code, though.

These kinds of rough edges will get more attention once Morphic 3 is out.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

On 02/03/2013 03:05 p.m., Germán Arduino wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I'm playing a bit with morphs, trying to build some interesting UI's,
> and seems that change color and rotate don't work in halos. I'm doing
> something wrong?
>
> Thanks.

Re: Rotate and Change Color don't work in halos?

Hannes Hirzel
Hello Juan
May be deactivated morph rotation and color picker halos for the
meantime and put a note about the reason for it  into a comment?

Regards
--Hannes

On 3/3/13, Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Germán,
>
> Cuis doesn't currently support general rotation of morphs. Morphs
> supporting rotation need to implement it themselves. Change color via
> menu is not working, Cuis is needing a new ColorPicker. It does work via
> code, though.
>
> These kinds of rough edges will get more attention once Morphic 3 is out.
>
> Cheers,
> Juan Vuletich
>
> On 02/03/2013 03:05 p.m., Germán Arduino wrote:
>> Hi:
>>
>> I'm playing a bit with morphs, trying to build some interesting UI's,
>> and seems that change color and rotate don't work in halos. I'm doing
>> something wrong?
>>
>> Thanks.

Re: Rotate and Change Color don't work in halos?

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Hannes,

Today, in an update, I left the handles there, but open a note on click.
This ensures we'll really fix them :) .

Cheer,
Juan Vuletich