Round 1 test

horrido
This is a demonstration video of Round 1. The actual Round 1 video will be created next weekend after Round 1 is due.

Enjoy.

Re: Round 1 test

tbrunz
Great demo of graphics animation...

But I'm left wondering, "What's the goal of this round?" and "What are the
rules that the applications have to follow while achieving the goal?"

Re: Round 1 test

horrido
It's in this blog post at jrmpc.ca:
https://jrmpc.ca/2020/01/09/round-1-challenge/

/The object is to get the highest score possible by navigating the robot
around the board according to your strategy./

I've created an improved version of the video due to feedback:
https://youtu.be/v7vZ4S4UBvw

tbrunz wrote
> Great demo of graphics animation...
>
> But I'm left wondering, "What's the goal of this round?" and "What are the
> rules that the applications have to follow while achieving the goal?"

R: Round 1 test

Lorenzo

Hi Rich,

did you receive my packages?

Lorenzo

Re: Round 1 test

horrido
It took four takes, but I think I've got it nailed for good:
https://youtu.be/ArEWif7JUBk

I'm hoping these kinds of videos from the competition will be great
advertising. We shall see...

Re: Round 1 test

tbrunz
Excellent!  I've bookmarked it to show others.

That answered my questions (and those that others will inevitably ask, too).

-t

(Well, maybe one more: What's the criterion for when the robot stops?  Is it
after a set number of moves?)

Re: Round 1 test

horrido
Please note: this is a /demonstration/ video. The first actual competition
video will be released this weekend after Round 1 completes.

tbrunz wrote