Rubric slow as hell :)

Uko2
Hi, I thought my image is lagging, but it happens only in rubric. Yes, probably having 1794 characters in a method is not good, but when you are scripting Code City stuff, sometimes your experiments get large :). Again, sorry for that harsh characteristics, but typing characters and waiting 2 secs for them to appear is a bit upsetting :).

Uko

Re: Rubric slow as hell :)

Andrei Chis
Hi Yuriy,

That's strange. Rubric should be very fast. If you look at the examples from RubLipsumBasicExample even text with almost 1800 lines works flawlessly.
If it's so slow there should be a problem in the way in which we integrated rubric into glamour. Do you have an example where I can reproduce this problem. I just copied a huge amount of text into an inspector/workspace but still cannot reproduce the slowness.

Cheers,
Andrei

On Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 1:10 PM, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, I thought my image is lagging, but it happens only in rubric. Yes, probably having 1794 characters in a method is not good, but when you are scripting Code City stuff, sometimes your experiments get large :). Again, sorry for that harsh characteristics, but typing characters and waiting 2 secs for them to appear is a bit upsetting :).

Uko

Re: Rubric slow as hell :)

Uko2
Ok, then it’s my fault probably. I have Epicea but it should be concerned only about method/class changes. Also DFlow is installed but not running, maybe it’s erecting stuff anyway.

Uko

On 01 Jun 2014, at 18:38, Andrei Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:

I had a look in your image and indeed the workspace is quite slow.
However, if I copied the same input to a new fresh moose image and it works fast.

It seems that somehow styling takes a lot of time in your image. Are you using some kind of
instrumentation?

Cheers,
Andrei

On Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 1:46 PM, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Andrei,

this is the image https://space.zeo.net/g/4xxns. It contains inspector with a lot of code. For me it’s responding slow.

Uko

On 01 Jun 2014, at 17:07, Andrei Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

abergel
No no… It does not seem to be related to Epicea. We are facing exactly the same problem.
Nearly not usable :-(

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu