Runaway scrolling in Pharo 7 on Ubuntu 18.04

Runaway scrolling in Pharo 7 on Ubuntu 18.04

Pierce Ng-3
Anyone encountering runaway scrolling in Pharo 7 on Ubuntu 18.04-based
systems?

In Pharo 7.0.3, click Help > Glamour Example Browser. When the browser
comes up, click Fast List Outline Simple on the left pane. In the right
pane's Browser tab, click inside the scrollbar's gutter, i.e., not on
the end arrows nor on the positional brick. The list doesn't stop
scrolling until it reaches the bottomest entry.

In the code browser, it happens in the bottom code pane but not in the
other panes.

This happens on my laptop running Xubuntu 18.04 and also in VirtualBox
VMs running Xubuntu 18.04 and Lubuntu 18.04 on my Mac.

It does _not_ happen on the Xubuntu 18.04 laptop when doing the same in
a 60546 image.

It does also happen running a current Pharo 8 snapshot image; no Glamour
Example browser built in but I get the same scrollbar behaviour in a
Form inspector window.

It does _not_ happen when doing the same in a 7.0.3 image in a
VirtualBox VM running a LinuxMint version that is based on Xubuntu
16.04.

Pierce

Re: Runaway scrolling in Pharo 7 on Ubuntu 18.04

tbrunz
I tried this in a Linux container on a Chromebook (a Pixelbook model), and
got the same behavior for both the Glamour Example Browser and when
scrolling long methods in the code browser.

The Linux version in the default ChromeOS container is Debian 9 (stretch).

-Ted

Pierce Ng-3 wrote

On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 10:02:35AM -0500, Brainstorms wrote:
> I tried this in a Linux container on a Chromebook (a Pixelbook model), and
> got the same behavior for both the Glamour Example Browser and when
> scrolling long methods in the code browser.
>
> The Linux version in the default ChromeOS container is Debian 9 (stretch).

So not just me. Thanks.