Running Seaside "allcanvastests" in Seaside 2.6a2 produces "Message not understood: #includes:" in VisualWorks

Running Seaside "allcanvastests" in Seaside 2.6a2 produces "Message not understood: #includes:" in VisualWorks

Rick Flower
Hi all.. I was seeing this issue with my code and happened to try out
the "allcanvastests" example and found it gives the same
error if you press any of the buttons after the initial page comes up.
Below is a partial stackdump.. Is this something I'm only seeing
or is this perhaps an issue with 2.6a2?  Anyone have any ideas on whats
missing/wrong?

Thanks!

Debug Full Stack
Message not understood: #includes:

UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
self    nil
temps
aMessage    a Message with selector: #includes: and arguments: #('form')
excpt    a MessageNotUnderstood
resumeValue    nil
Seaside.WAHtmlStreamDocument(Seaside.WAHtmlDocument)>>isWithinTag:
self    a Seaside.WAHtmlStreamDocument
temps
aString    'form'
inst vars
root    a Seaside.WARenderedHtmlRoot
state    #body
stream    a ReadWriteStream
Seaside.WAFormTag>>isWithinForm
self    a Seaside.WAFormTag
temps
inst vars
parent    nil
canvas    a Seaside.WARenderCanvas
isClosed    nil
attributes    a Seaside.WAHtmlAttributes
defaultAction    nil
Seaside.WAFormTag>>with:
self    a Seaside.WAFormTag
temps
aBlock    BlockClosure [] in Seaside.WACanvasInputTest>>renderContentOn:
inst vars
parent    nil
canvas    a Seaside.WARenderCanvas
isClosed    nil
attributes    a Seaside.WAHtmlAttributes
defaultAction    nil
Seaside.WACanvasInputTest>>renderContentOn:
self    a Seaside.WACanvasInputTest
temps
html    a Seaside.WARenderCanvas
inst vars
decoration    a Seaside.WAStateHolder(a Seaside.WACanvasInputTest)
nilString    nil
emptyString    ''
integer    42
fraction    (1/3)

Re: Running Seaside "allcanvastests" in Seaside 2.6a2 produces "Message not understood: #includes:" in VisualWorks

Michel Bany-3
Rick Flower a écrit :

> Hi all.. I was seeing this issue with my code and happened to try out
> the "allcanvastests" example and found it gives the same
> error if you press any of the buttons after the initial page comes
> up.  Below is a partial stackdump.. Is this something I'm only seeing
> or is this perhaps an issue with 2.6a2?  Anyone have any ideas on
> whats missing/wrong?

This is definitely a symptom that occurs when you load 2.6a2 from the
public store
on top of 2.5b8 from parcels. See my previous post.

I will publish a new version of 2.6a2 very soon.
Any feedback on your usage of 2.6a2 is very welcome.

Best luck,
Michel.