Running "amberc:all" (amberc) task Warning: amber_dir needs to be a valid directory

Running "amberc:all" (amberc) task Warning: amber_dir needs to be a valid directory

sebastianconcept

ran:

$ npm remove amber-cli

$ npm instlal -g amber-cli

$ mkdir newproject

$ cd newproject

$ amber init

answered all the questions, after that it said "Done, without errors" then bower started...

... blah blah blah...

grunt@0.4.5 node_modules/grunt

├── which@1.0.5

├── dateformat@1.0.2-1.2.3

├── eventemitter2@0.4.14

├── getobject@0.1.0

├── rimraf@2.2.8

├── colors@0.6.2

├── hooker@0.2.3

├── async@0.1.22

├── grunt-legacy-util@0.2.0

├── exit@0.1.2

├── lodash@0.9.2

├── coffee-script@1.3.3

├── underscore.string@2.2.1

├── nopt@1.0.10 (abbrev@1.0.5)

├── iconv-lite@0.2.11

├── minimatch@0.2.14 (sigmund@1.0.0, lru-cache@2.5.0)

├── glob@3.1.21 (inherits@1.0.0, graceful-fs@1.2.3)

├── findup-sync@0.1.3 (glob@3.2.11, lodash@2.4.1)

├── grunt-legacy-log@0.1.1 (underscore.string@2.3.3, lodash@2.4.1)

└── js-yaml@2.0.5 (esprima@1.0.4, argparse@0.1.15)

Running "amberc:all" (amberc) task

Warning: amber_dir needs to be a valid directory Use --force to continue.

Aborted due to warnings.

grunt exec error:

{ [Error: Command failed: ] killed: false, code: 3, signal: null }

Pointers?

Re: Running "amberc:all" (amberc) task Warning: amber_dir needs to be a valid directory

Herby Vojčík

Sebastian Sastre <[hidden email]>napísal/a:

ran:
$ npm remove amber-cli
$ npm instlal -g amber-cli

If you already have it, npm -g update [amber-cli] should be enough...

$ mkdir newproject
$ cd newproject
$ amber init
answered all the questions, after that it said "Done, without errors" then bower started...
... blah blah...
Running "amberc:all" (amberc) task
Warning: amber_dir needs to be a valid directory Use --force to continue.

Aborted due to warnings.
grunt exec error:
{ [Error: Command failed: ] killed: false, code: 3, signal: null }

Well, at least you should have working project when it failed at grunt, it is the last finishing touch to compile files of the template with the most actual compiler and export them with most actual format, but amber is backward-compatible, to an extent.

OTOH, it should not happen... I presume it ends similarly when you run 'grunt' from cli as well.

Pointers?

It looks like it lacks amber itself, it should have been installed by bower as a dependency. Maybe if you run 'grunt -v' it shows which directory is the problematic one... It may also be listed explicitly in Gruntfile.js in root directory of the project.

Re: Running "amberc:all" (amberc) task Warning: amber_dir needs to be a valid directory

Nicolas Petton

Issue tracker! ;)

Nico

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Running "amberc:all" (amberc) task Warning: amber_dir needs to be a valid directory

sebastianconcept
published here:

I’ve ran this:

suryia:frontend sebastian$ grunt -v
Initializing
Command-line options: --verbose

Reading "Gruntfile.js" Gruntfile...OK

Registering Gruntfile tasks.

Registering "grunt-contrib-clean" local Npm module tasks.
Reading /Users/sebastian/git/cowlinq/frontend/node_modules/grunt-contrib-clean/package.json...OK
Parsing /Users/sebastian/git/cowlinq/frontend/node_modules/grunt-contrib-clean/package.json...OK
+ clean

Registering "grunt-execute" local Npm module tasks.
Reading /Users/sebastian/git/cowlinq/frontend/node_modules/grunt-execute/package.json...OK
Parsing /Users/sebastian/git/cowlinq/frontend/node_modules/grunt-execute/package.json...OK
+ execute

Registering "amber-dev" local Npm module tasks.
Reading /Users/sebastian/git/cowlinq/frontend/node_modules/amber-dev/package.json...OK
Parsing /Users/sebastian/git/cowlinq/frontend/node_modules/amber-dev/package.json...OK
+ amberc
Initializing config...OK
+ default, test

No tasks specified, running default tasks.
Running tasks: default

Running "default" task

Running "amberc:all" (amberc) task
Verifying property amberc.all exists in config...OK
Files: src/Cowlinq.st, src/Cowlinq-Tests.st
Verifying property amberc.options.amber_dir exists in config...OK
Warning: amber_dir needs to be a valid directory Use --force to continue.

Aborted due to warnings.
suryia:frontend sebastian$

On Jul 3, 2014, at 6:00 AM, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Alright, clarifying the situation...

After investigating this Nico discovered that, for some reason, bower_components was not in the default place that Amber expected.

Amber did not adjust to the configured place for bower_components and that caused the error messages.

On Thursday, July 3, 2014 8:30:59 AM UTC-3, Sebastian Sastre wrote:
[...]

Ah. Bower has flat hierarchy. IOW, if you have bower_components higher in the hierarchy, bower likely installed all the dependencies there...

It is assumed that you run `amber init` in a safe, detached, isolated place (eg. there is no bower_components any way up the directory hierarchy). Of course your project can then be integrated, if it is a library or so, but when you develop it, it is assumed you do it in isolation.

Is this the reason?

<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

>>     Issue tracker! ;)
>>
>>     Nico
>>
>>     Sebastian Sastre <[hidden email]
>>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> writes:
>>

>>>     ran:
>>>
>>>     $ npm remove amber-cli
>>>
>>>     $ npm instlal -g amber-cli
>>>
>>>     $ mkdir newproject
>>>
>>>     $ cd newproject
>>>
>>>     $ amber init
>>>
>>>     answered all the questions, after that it said "Done, without
>>>     errors" then
>>>     bower started...
>>>
>>>     ... blah blah blah...
>>>
>>>     grunt@0.4.5 node_modules/grunt
>>>
>>>     ├── which@1.0.5
>>>
>>>     ├── dateformat@1.0.2-1.2.3
>>>
>>>     ├── eventemitter2@0.4.14
>>>
>>>     ├── getobject@0.1.0
>>>
>>>     ├── rimraf@2.2.8
>>>
>>>     ├── colors@0.6.2
>>>
>>>     ├── hooker@0.2.3
>>>
>>>     ├── async@0.1.22
>>>
>>>     ├── grunt-legacy-util@0.2.0
>>>
>>>     ├── exit@0.1.2
>>>
>>>     ├── lodash@0.9.2
>>>

>>>     ├── coffee-script@1.3.3
>>>
>>>     ├── underscore.string@2.2.1
>>>
>>>     ├── nopt@1.0.10 (abbrev@1.0.5)
>>>
>>>     ├── iconv-lite@0.2.11
>>>
>>>     ├── minimatch@0.2.14 (sigmund@1.0.0, lru-cache@2.5.0)
>>>
>>>     ├── glob@3.1.21 (inherits@1.0.0, graceful-fs@1.2.3)
>>>
>>>     ├── findup-sync@0.1.3 (glob@3.2.11, lodash@2.4.1)
>>>
>>>     ├── grunt-legacy-log@0.1.1 (underscore.string@2.3.3, lodash@2.4.1)
>>>
>>>     └── js-yaml@2.0.5 (esprima@1.0.4, argparse@0.1.15)
>>>
>>>     Running "amberc:all" (amberc) task
>>>
>>>     Warning: amber_dir needs to be a valid directory Use --force to
>>>     continue.
>>>

>>>     Aborted due to warnings.
>>>
>>>     grunt exec error:
>>>
>>>     { [Error: Command failed: ] killed: false, code: 3, signal: null }
>>>

>>>     Pointers?
>>
>>     --
>>     Nicolas Petton
>>     http://nicolas-petton.fr <http://nicolas-petton.fr/>
>>
>>     --
>>     You received thi
s message because you are subscribed to the