Running test

12

Re: Running test

Tim Mackinnon
I think this is where having a build pipeline might be worth investigating - I think Smalltalk CI might let you automatically build on different machines, such that you can package each build on its native environment in an automated fashion. Maybe Christophe might chip in about how he builds Pharo Launcher? If you can make it automated and based on your git repo - it should simplify a lot for you, and make reliable builds much easier. (If not Smalltalk CI, then there might be others you can use)

Tim

> On 7 Feb 2019, at 09:40, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Can signing the bundle content be done from Linux? Or is it mandatory to
> do it from OS X?
>
> From what I looked at the Linux Pharo Launcher, I can only fetch image
> and associated VM for Linux but I may have miss something.
>
> Hilaire
>

> Le 06/02/2019 à 21:41, Tim Mackinnon a écrit :
>> For OS X (and possibly Windows) it’s worth understanding how Pharo
>> Launcher creates its installation program as that’s the way to solve
>> this properly and it makes it look much more polished as well.
>>
>> I think it’s not too hard too do, and you can copy those steps?
>>
> --
> Dr. Geo
> http://drgeo.eu

Re: Running test

Andrei Chis
I tried the following:
- download DrGeo.app-19.03a.zip from the web browser, place it in Application and remove _CodeSignature; then it still appears as broken.
- download DrGeo.app-19.03a.zip using wget, place it in Applications and remove _CodeSignature: then it opens and asks for an image.

But if I open it I get an error related to libgit.
Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 12.09.21.png

For DrGeo.app-18.06a.zip I get the warning that it is from an unidentified developer but it works fine if I place it in the application folder.

To sign an app you need to use MacOS as you need some xcode tool from what I remember.

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 11:06 AM Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok, one more thing that could be helpful to try and to give me
indication: remove the folder DrGeo.app/Contents/_CodeSignature and
start again DrGeo.app from the Application folder.

What OS X says?

Thanks

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Running test

Tim Mackinnon

On 7 Feb 2019, at 11:15, Andrei Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:

To sign an app you need to use MacOS as you need some xcode tool from what I remember.

Its worth checking with Christophe, as he may have automated this (there are tools that can do it - I recall). If Smalltalk CI can’t do it - then something like DrGeo might benefit from something like: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/services/devops/pipelines/?&OCID=AID736752_SEM_bclv8aYq

Free for open source - does linux, windows, osx build pipelines - presumably you can automate this once and for all and save yourself some of this hassle. It seems to suck a lot of your time from the fun stuff otherwise.

Tim

Re: Running test

HilaireFernandes
What is Smalltalk CI? Related to Chistophe?

Thanks

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Running test

HilaireFernandes
So beside the signing problem, I have a problem with the OS X vm. The
error is the same I got from the Linux VM referenced in the Pharo
download page... I think someone should double check these VMs are ok or
not.

I will check again the mac os vm in these drgeo bundle.

Hilaire

Le 07/02/2019 à 12:15, Andrei Chis a écrit :

> I tried the following:
> - download DrGeo.app-19.03a.zip
> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/z2acnw1yi77q4ps/DrGeo.app-19.03a.zip?dl=0> from
> the web browser, place it in Application and remove _CodeSignature;
> then it still appears as broken.
> - download DrGeo.app-19.03a.zip
> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/z2acnw1yi77q4ps/DrGeo.app-19.03a.zip?dl=0> using
> wget, place it in Applications and remove _CodeSignature: then it
> opens and asks for an image.
>
> But if I open it I get an error related to libgit.
>
> For DrGeo.app-18.06a.zip
> <https://launchpad.net/drgeo/trunk/18.06/+download/DrGeo.app-18.06a.zip> I
> get the warning that it is from an unidentified developer but it works
> fine if I place it in the application folder.

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Running test

John Pfersich
from Mac OS Mojave, i get the following after I delete the _CodeSignature folder:
Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 14.58.56.png

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 2:06 AM Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok, one more thing that could be helpful to try and to give me
indication: remove the folder DrGeo.app/Contents/_CodeSignature and
start again DrGeo.app from the Application folder.

What OS X says?

Thanks

Le 06/02/2019 à 22:02, john pfersich a écrit :
> Yes before I tried to start it.

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Running test

John Pfersich
Still get same error message with the new download, can't tell if anything changed in the download.
Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 15.07.48.png

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 1:46 PM Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I need some testing on Mac OS and Windows, Linux should be fine, of a
new bundle for drgeo.

It is there
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z2acnw1yi77q4ps/DrGeo.app-19.03a.zip?dl=0

I just need to know if it running or not.

Thanks

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Running test

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Are you running from /Applications? You might also have to right click and
select open instead of double clicking. Mac security can make it a bit of a
PITA

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: Running test

John Pfersich
Yeah, I’m running DrGeo from Applications. Trying open gives you the same result. Yes, Mojave security is a PITA. But other apps downloaded from the web don’t have this problem. But I don’t develop on the Mac because of Apple’s paranoid behavior.  I’ll stick to Unix, thanks.

/*—————————————————-*/
Sent from my iPhone
https://boincstats.com/signature/-1/user/51616339056/sig.png
See https://objectnets.net and https://objectnets.org

> On Feb 7, 2019, at 18:25, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Are you running from /Applications? You might also have to right click and
> select open instead of double clicking. Mac security can make it a bit of a
> PITA
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Re: Running test

HilaireFernandes
Guys, I am voiceless but thanks for your feedback!

Regarding some of your feedbacks (plugin error with libgit), I have
doubt about this Mac OS VM[1]. Will you be kind enough to confirm this
VM works on your system? So I can stand on a solid ground to find a
solution for the DrGeo bundle.

Thanks

Hilaire

[1] https://files.pharo.org/get-files/70/pharo-mac-stable.zip

PS: I have no Mac or Windows so I am proceeding blindly, as I always did
by the way.

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Running test

Ben Coman

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 at 00:59, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
Guys, I am voiceless but thanks for your feedback!

Regarding some of your feedbacks (plugin error with libgit), I have
doubt about this Mac OS VM[1]. Will you be kind enough to confirm this
VM works on your system? So I can stand on a solid ground to find a
solution for the DrGeo bundle.

Thanks

Hilaire

[1] https://files.pharo.org/get-files/70/pharo-mac-stable.zip

PS: I have no Mac or Windows so I am proceeding blindly, as I always did
by the way.

I've not tried it directly, but an option could be remoting to a Windows cloud box...

Free tier - 750 hours a month for 12 months...

cheers -ben

Re: Running test

HilaireFernandes
Windows part is fine now, although no signed build.

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Running test

HilaireFernandes
I have been able to test the VM referenced bellow with drgeo image:
drgeo starts but the VM suffers this libgit plugin error, as it is the
case for the Linux VM.

Is there another working VM to look at?

I could try to fetch one from PharoLuncher on Mac OSX, but I only have
intermittent access to mac computer.

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Running test

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
HilaireFernandes wrote
> I could try to fetch one from PharoLuncher on Mac OSX

I just dl-ed the new Launcher on Mojave and it seems that I had to
temporarily disable Gatekeeper via command line to get around a similar
error.

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: Running test

HilaireFernandes
You mean the same libgit plugin error?

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Running test

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
HilaireFernandes wrote
> You mean the same libgit plugin error?

Sorry, I meant the bundle is damaged error

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: Running test

HilaireFernandes
Ok, that sounds as a serious problem then. I am surprised the MacOS X
PharoLauncher has problem too. The Linux one is working ok.  For drgeo I
think I will make three different packages for each os.