Running test

12

Running test

HilaireFernandes
Hi,

I need some testing on Mac OS and Windows, Linux should be fine, of a
new bundle for drgeo.

It is there
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z2acnw1yi77q4ps/DrGeo.app-19.03a.zip?dl=0

I just need to know if it running or not.

Thanks

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Running test

eftomi
It works fine on Win 10 Pro (Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134).

Tomaz

Re: Running test

John Pfersich
On MaxOS Mojave, the bundle is corrupt

Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 01.20.41.png

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 1:04 AM eftomi <[hidden email]> wrote:
It works fine on Win 10 Pro (Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134).

Tomaz

Re: Running test

Andrei Chis
Also broken on macOS High Sierra.
Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 10.56.42.png

But this happens only if I click the download link and use the web browser to download it.

If I use wget I can open it but it does not find the image:

wget <a href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/z2acnw1yi77q4ps/DrGeo.app-19.03a.zip\?dl\=1">https://www.dropbox.com/s/z2acnw1yi77q4ps/DrGeo.app-19.03a.zip\?dl\=1
Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 10.58.46.png

I guess the problem is Gatekeeper. It flags dowloaded apps and if they contain executables that are not signed they will be marked as corrupted.
If I disable Gatekeeper (spctl --master-disable) then I can also run the zip that I downloaded from the web browser.

Cheers,
Andrei

Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 01.20.41.png

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 1:04 AM eftomi <[hidden email]> wrote:
It works fine on Win 10 Pro (Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134).

Tomaz

Re: Running test

HilaireFernandes
Thanks Tomaz and Hernán

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Running test

HilaireFernandes
Thanks John and Andrei.

And if you drag the app in the application folder does it work?

Le 05/02/2019 à 11:06, Andrei Chis a écrit :
> But this happens only if I click the download link and use the web
> browser to download it.
>
> If I use wget I can open it but it does not find the image:

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Running test

eftomi
BTW, on Windows 10 the Defender is also not happy at first.

Best wishes
Tomaz

>And if you drag the app in the application folder does it work?
>
>Le 05/02/2019 à 11:06, Andrei Chis a écrit :
>>  But this happens only if I click the download link and use the web
>>  browser to download it.
>>
>>  If I use wget I can open it but it does not find the image:
>>
>--
>Dr. Geo
>http://drgeo.eu

kw0vey4m.png (32K) Download Attachment

Re: Running test

John Pfersich
At least on MacOS Mojave, I had moved the app to the Application folder.

/*—————————————————-*/
Sent from my iPhone
https://boincstats.com/signature/-1/user/51616339056/sig.png
See https://objectnets.net and https://objectnets.org

> On Feb 5, 2019, at 09:50, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks John and Andrei.
>
> And if you drag the app in the application folder does it work?
>
>> Le 05/02/2019 à 11:06, Andrei Chis a écrit :
>> But this happens only if I click the download link and use the web
>> browser to download it.
>>
>> If I use wget I can open it but it does not find the image:
>>
> --
> Dr. Geo
> http://drgeo.eu

Re: Running test

HilaireFernandes
In the first place?

Le 06/02/2019 à 00:45, john pfersich a écrit :
> At least on MacOS Mojave, I had moved the app to the Application folder.

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Running test

Andrei Chis
In my case if I download the app using the web browser and put it in the Applications folder I still get `“DrGeo” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.`

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 6:55 PM Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks John and Andrei.

And if you drag the app in the application folder does it work?

Le 05/02/2019 à 11:06, Andrei Chis a écrit :
> But this happens only if I click the download link and use the web
> browser to download it.
>
> If I use wget I can open it but it does not find the image:

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Running test

HilaireFernandes
Can Mac OSX provides more usefull message?

Le 06/02/2019 à 14:53, Andrei Chis a écrit :
> In my case if I download the app using the web browser and put it in
> the Applications folder I still get `“DrGeo” is damaged and can’t be
> opened. You should move it to the Trash*.*`

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Running test

HilaireFernandes
In the other hand, I am suspecting this Mac VM[1] downloaded  from the
Pharo download page may have issue.

After all the Linux VM from this same page is defunct as I already
report it. I had to get one from the Pharo Launcher. The Windows VM from
this same Pharo download page is functional, though.

Can someone with an Apple Macintosh confirm this Mac VM[1] is ok?

Thanks

Hilaire

[1] https://files.pharo.org/get-files/70/pharo-mac-stable.zip

Le 06/02/2019 à 17:19, Hilaire a écrit :
> Can Mac OSX provides more usefull message?

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Running test

Andrei Chis
The Pharo VM works fine for me.

My understanding is that the problem is in the DrGeo.app
The app packages together two things:
  - the Pharo VM with is signed
  - other files/folders that are not signed
If gatekeeper (https://developer.apple.com/developer-id/) detects this the it marks the app as damaged.
Gatekeeper wants the apps that you download from internet using a web browser to be signed.

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 6:07 PM Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
In the other hand, I am suspecting this Mac VM[1] downloaded  from the
Pharo download page may have issue.

After all the Linux VM from this same page is defunct as I already
report it. I had to get one from the Pharo Launcher. The Windows VM from
this same Pharo download page is functional, though.

Can someone with an Apple Macintosh confirm this Mac VM[1] is ok?

Thanks

Hilaire

[1] https://files.pharo.org/get-files/70/pharo-mac-stable.zip

Le 06/02/2019 à 17:19, Hilaire a écrit :
> Can Mac OSX provides more usefull message?

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Running test

Tim Mackinnon
For OS X (and possibly Windows) it’s worth understanding how Pharo Launcher creates its installation program as that’s the way to solve this properly and it makes it look much more polished as well.

I think it’s not too hard too do, and you can copy those steps?

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

On 6 Feb 2019, at 18:11, Andrei Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:

The Pharo VM works fine for me.

My understanding is that the problem is in the DrGeo.app
The app packages together two things:
  - the Pharo VM with is signed
  - other files/folders that are not signed
If gatekeeper (https://developer.apple.com/developer-id/) detects this the it marks the app as damaged.
Gatekeeper wants the apps that you download from internet using a web browser to be signed.

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 6:07 PM Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
In the other hand, I am suspecting this Mac VM[1] downloaded  from the
Pharo download page may have issue.

After all the Linux VM from this same page is defunct as I already
report it. I had to get one from the Pharo Launcher. The Windows VM from
this same Pharo download page is functional, though.

Can someone with an Apple Macintosh confirm this Mac VM[1] is ok?

Thanks

Hilaire

[1] https://files.pharo.org/get-files/70/pharo-mac-stable.zip

Le 06/02/2019 à 17:19, Hilaire a écrit :
> Can Mac OSX provides more usefull message?

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Running test

John Pfersich
Yes before I tried to start it.

/*—————————————————-*/

On Feb 6, 2019, at 05:53, Andrei Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:

In my case if I download the app using the web browser and put it in the Applications folder I still get `“DrGeo” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.`

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 6:55 PM Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks John and Andrei.

And if you drag the app in the application folder does it work?

Le 05/02/2019 à 11:06, Andrei Chis a écrit :
> But this happens only if I click the download link and use the web
> browser to download it.
>
> If I use wget I can open it but it does not find the image:

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Running test

HilaireFernandes
Can signing the bundle content be done from Linux? Or is it mandatory to
do it from OS X?

From what I looked at the Linux Pharo Launcher, I can only fetch image
and associated VM for Linux but I may have miss something.

Hilaire

Le 06/02/2019 à 21:41, Tim Mackinnon a écrit :
> For OS X (and possibly Windows) it’s worth understanding how Pharo
> Launcher creates its installation program as that’s the way to solve
> this properly and it makes it look much more polished as well.
>
> I think it’s not too hard too do, and you can copy those steps?

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Running test

HilaireFernandes
I get another different feedback, while not good, it exposes a plugin error.

https://twitter.com/gl_4/status/1093004875733106688

First should be to get a starting app with signature warning, then

Le 06/02/2019 à 22:02, john pfersich a écrit :
> Yes before I tried to start it.

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Running test

HilaireFernandes
...then look at how signing the functionnal bundle.

The 18.06 bundle[1] is not signed and from feedback I got it can start
once dragged in the Application folder.

[1] https://launchpad.net/drgeo/trunk/18.06/+download/DrGeo.app-18.06a.zip

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Running test

HilaireFernandes
Ok, one more thing that could be helpful to try and to give me
indication: remove the folder DrGeo.app/Contents/_CodeSignature and
start again DrGeo.app from the Application folder.

What OS X says?

Thanks