S PDF error and printer solutions

dario trussardi
Hello All,

i work with S PDF support by  Store psql_public_cst(1.0 23,dmurphy).

When i test the PDFSelfTest test08 method any is print.

With one hold S PDF parcel the same method print one page with one rectangle.

Where is the problem?

In general is your experience positive about this SPDF support ?

How you have resolved the documentation problem in VW Smalltalk ( Word - Excel " COMinterface " ? PDF ? Printer support, Document support )

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Dario Trussardi Romano

Re: S PDF error and printer solutions

Bruce Badger
David,

I wrote the PDF library.  It is an open source project, so there is no
formal support other than doing exactly what you have done - asking on
a mail list or usenet group.

On 21/03/06, Dario Trussardi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> When i test the PDFSelfTest test08 method any is print.
>
> With one hold S PDF parcel the same method print one page with one
> rectangle.

Test 8 should produce a pdf file called spdf08.pdf containing one
landscape page with a square drawn on it with a black border and no
fill.  The latest version I published (1 023) does indeed do this.
The dmurphy  (1 23) version produces a blank page which is not
correct.

For now, I suggest you use version 1 023.

> In general is your experience positive about this SPDF support ?

Oh, yes.  Very good :-)

> How you have resolved the documentation problem in VW Smalltalk ( Word -
> Excel " COMinterface " ? PDF ? Printer support, Document support )

For myself, I have only used the PDF library to produce documents from
VW.  If I wanted to produce an editable document these days I'd look
at creating an ODT (Open Document Text) file.

HTH,
   Bruce
http://www.openskills.org/

On 21/03/06, Bruce Badger <[hidden email]> wrote:
> David,

> On 21/03/06, Dario Trussardi <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ouch - sorry Dario.  My apologies for getting your name wrong :-(

http://www.openskills.org/

Re: S PDF error and printer solutions

F.Balaguer
Bruce,

can SPDF check or validate an existing .pdf file?.

Federico
>I wrote the PDF library.  It is an open source project, so
there is no
>formal support other than doing exactly what you have done -
asking on
>a mail list or usenet group.
>
>On 21/03/06, Dario Trussardi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> When i test the PDFSelfTest test08 method any is print.
>>
>> With one hold S PDF parcel the same method print one page
with one
>> rectangle.
>
>Test 8 should produce a pdf file called spdf08.pdf containing one
>landscape page with a square drawn on it with a black border
and no
>fill.  The latest version I published (1 023) does indeed do
this.
>The dmurphy  (1 23) version produces a blank page which is not
>correct.
>
>For now, I suggest you use version 1 023.
>
>> In general is your experience positive about this SPDF
support ?

>Oh, yes.  Very good :-)
>
>> How you have resolved the documentation problem in VW
Smalltalk ( Word -
>> Excel " COMinterface " ? PDF ? Printer support, Document
support )

>For myself, I have only used the PDF library to produce
documents from
>VW.  If I wanted to produce an editable document these days
I'd look
>at creating an ODT (Open Document Text) file.
>
>HTH,
>   Bruce
>--
>Make the most of your skills - with OpenSkills
>http://www.openskills.org/

Re: S PDF error and printer solutions

Bruce Badger
> Bruce,
> can SPDF check or validate an existing .pdf file?.

No.  Somone once picked up the library with a view to building a PDF
reader, but I didn't hear how that worked out, so I guess nothing came
of it.

As it stands, the library is about writing PDF files only.

http://www.openskills.org/