SCCS Problems?

Ian Oldham-2
DSTPE 4.0 no patches.

1. I'm wanting to use the Check In and Check Out facilities on the
SourceBrowser but can't find the SourceRepository class to derive a subclass
from. Have I missed it?

2. If you try and save a modified package to a protected (i.e non-checked
out) file from the SourceBrowser you get a walkback rather than a dialog box
saying something to the effect that the file is write protected. I suppose
it could be argued that's OK in a development environment but it could catch
out the unwary.
--
Ian Oldham

I am addicted but I can't get the T-shirt to prove it - they've sold out

Re: SCCS Problems?

Bob Jarvis
In article <tmVU5.18733$[hidden email]>,
  "Ian Oldham" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> DSTPE 4.0 no patches.
>
> 1. I'm wanting to use the Check In and Check Out facilities on the
> SourceBrowser but can't find the SourceRepository class to derive a
subclass
> from. Have I missed it?

I think the documentation needs to be corrected.  What I found needed
to be done was to modify SourceBrowser to handle the #checkIn and
#checkOut messages, and then derive a class from SourceManager and set
an instance of this SourceManager subclass as the default source
manager.  I've got a package which I'll forward to you (and anyone else
who's interested) which does exactly this, using VeryBasicSourceManager
as the source manager.

Andy/Blair - could #checkIn:withComment:, #checkOut:, and #get: be
added to SourceManager?  (Maybe this should be a protocol -
SccsAccessProtocol?).  The versions in SourceManager could be do-
nothings, and I think it'd make deriving subclasses of SourceManager
with working versions of the check-in/out functionality a bit easier.
OTOH, I'm not sure if these messages are sufficient for all possible
SCCS's.

And while we're on the subject, it looks to me like there's a minor bug
in SourceBrowser, in that files which are writable have blanks in
the 'Writable' column, where the documentation seems to show that they
should say 'yes' if the file is writable.  Non-writable files correctly
show 'no' in the 'Writable' column.
--
Bob Jarvis
Compuware @ Timken