SIXX sixxIgnorableInstVarNames [WAS] Re: [Seaside] ESUG SummerTalk - Fuel, binary object serializer

SIXX sixxIgnorableInstVarNames [WAS] Re: [Seaside] ESUG SummerTalk - Fuel, binary object serializer

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 9:55 AM, Runar Jordahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
Interesting project. There are so many uses for object serializers.
Personally I am looking at storing objects in NoSQL databases, and
serializing them is an option that will work in a lot of cases. Using
a serializer for copying objects is also useful.

Does Fuel support “cutting off” instance variables, like SIXX’s
Object>>sixxIgnorableInstVarNames ?

Runar, could you please tell us how that is done?
how such method looks like?

MyClass >> sixxIgnorableInstVarNames
^ #('age' 'blah')

?

Second, what happens are serialization time? SIXX puts a nil ? and at materialization? when the object is created from the XML you get a nil in those instVars ?

And of course, you implement

Objet >> sixxIgnorableInstVarNames
^ ()

?

Yes I know....I can take the code and look by myself...but not time now :(

Thanks

Mariano

I always thought SIXX
(http://www.mars.dti.ne.jp/~umejava/smalltalk/sixx/index.html ) was
state-of-the-art in this field. It seems to have many features, and it
is supported on many dialects.  Are your ideas so great that it really
makes sense to create yet another serializer? Wouldn’t improving SIXX
be better?

Runar

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: SIXX sixxIgnorableInstVarNames [WAS] Re: [Seaside] ESUG SummerTalk -Fuel, binary object serializer

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
That's about it, but it completely ignores these when emitting and materializing as if they didn't exist and #initialize can still massage them into whatever shape they need to be in.

Sent from my iPhone