Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SIXX update

NorbertHartl
Today I changed my projects to use xml parser 1.1.8 instead of 1.0.5. But it breaks SIXX. I changed SIXX to be used with the newest xml parser.

Name: SIXX-NorbertHartl.175
Author: NorbertHartl
Time: 03/29/2011, 17:45:01
UUID: 2c270ba3-42d9-4e6c-8821-eb72bb2b8a7e
Ancestors: SIXX-NorbertHartl.173, SIXX-DaleHenrichs.174

Changed Sixx XML attribute reading to work with xml parser 1.1.9. XML Parser changed attributeAt: to return '' instead of nil.
Just tweaked the adapter for the xml parser. It may be better to use '' instead of nil, too. But that needs further research.
All tests pass.

Norbert
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SIXX update

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Norbert,

Which version of XMLParser are you using for that?

If I recall correctly, version 1.1.8 was supposed to be a unified GemStone-Pharo implementation.
However, I had issues with that unified XMLParser package on gemsource (I emailed them).

Therefore, I made an update of the XMLParser.g package (which is basically a merge-in of version 1.1.7).

I think the metacello config on squeaksource still needs to be updated again. It now refers to the unified implementation, but that just does not work...

Johan

On 29 Mar 2011, at 17:46, Norbert Hartl wrote:

> Today I changed my projects to use xml parser 1.1.8 instead of 1.0.5. But it breaks SIXX. I changed SIXX to be used with the newest xml parser.
>
> Name: SIXX-NorbertHartl.175
> Author: NorbertHartl
> Time: 03/29/2011, 17:45:01
> UUID: 2c270ba3-42d9-4e6c-8821-eb72bb2b8a7e
> Ancestors: SIXX-NorbertHartl.173, SIXX-DaleHenrichs.174
>
> Changed Sixx XML attribute reading to work with xml parser 1.1.9. XML Parser changed attributeAt: to return '' instead of nil.
> Just tweaked the adapter for the xml parser. It may be better to use '' instead of nil, too. But that needs further research.
> All tests pass.
>
> Norbert

Reply | Threaded
|

NorbertHartl
Johan,

I'm using XML-Parser.g-JohanBrichau.116 right now. I had a hard time to figure that out. Somehow on squeaksource/XMLSupport there in the configuration is a 1.1.9 version which hasn't configured anything special for gemstone. Than I found the one on MetacelloRepository which looked newer the one way (your xml parser in it) and older at the same time (no version 1.1.9). Very confusing. Can anybody that knows what happened clear this up? squeaksource/XMLSupport is the official development location. Anyway after being confused I mixed up the versions in the package description which seems to confuse you :)

With this xml parser I got all tests in SIXX working but the XMLWriter doesn't work (I write a second mail).

Norbert

Am 29.03.2011 um 19:38 schrieb Johan Brichau:

> Hi Norbert,
>
> Which version of XMLParser are you using for that?
>
> If I recall correctly, version 1.1.8 was supposed to be a unified GemStone-Pharo implementation.
> However, I had issues with that unified XMLParser package on gemsource (I emailed them).
>
> Therefore, I made an update of the XMLParser.g package (which is basically a merge-in of version 1.1.7).
>
> I think the metacello config on squeaksource still needs to be updated again. It now refers to the unified implementation, but that just does not work...
>
> Johan
>
> On 29 Mar 2011, at 17:46, Norbert Hartl wrote:
>
>> Today I changed my projects to use xml parser 1.1.8 instead of 1.0.5. But it breaks SIXX. I changed SIXX to be used with the newest xml parser.
>>
>> Name: SIXX-NorbertHartl.175
>> Author: NorbertHartl
>> Time: 03/29/2011, 17:45:01
>> UUID: 2c270ba3-42d9-4e6c-8821-eb72bb2b8a7e
>> Ancestors: SIXX-NorbertHartl.173, SIXX-DaleHenrichs.174
>>
>> Changed Sixx XML attribute reading to work with xml parser 1.1.9. XML Parser changed attributeAt: to return '' instead of nil.
>> Just tweaked the adapter for the xml parser. It may be better to use '' instead of nil, too. But that needs further research.
>> All tests pass.
>>
>> Norbert
>

Reply | Threaded
|

Dale Henrichs
Norbert,

I haven't looked, but you should be able to tell what happened by looking at the configuration history ... check in the xml repository ... that might be where the "master" configuration is stored as well ... I think there are multiple cooks playing with xml configuration and they are not all cognizant of the multiple needs/platforms being served by XMLSupport ...

The version history should provide a clear picture of what's been going on and some merging or other monkey business might be called for ... perhaps an international meeting in some warm place to talk over the state of XML and reach an accord:)

Shoot I could even be the one the monkeyed with the XML parser config:)

Dale

On Mar 29, 2011, at 10:54 AM, Norbert Hartl wrote:

> Johan,
>
> I'm using XML-Parser.g-JohanBrichau.116 right now. I had a hard time to figure that out. Somehow on squeaksource/XMLSupport there in the configuration is a 1.1.9 version which hasn't configured anything special for gemstone. Than I found the one on MetacelloRepository which looked newer the one way (your xml parser in it) and older at the same time (no version 1.1.9). Very confusing. Can anybody that knows what happened clear this up? squeaksource/XMLSupport is the official development location. Anyway after being confused I mixed up the versions in the package description which seems to confuse you :)
>
> With this xml parser I got all tests in SIXX working but the XMLWriter doesn't work (I write a second mail).
>
> Norbert
>
> Am 29.03.2011 um 19:38 schrieb Johan Brichau:
>
>> Hi Norbert,
>>
>> Which version of XMLParser are you using for that?
>>
>> If I recall correctly, version 1.1.8 was supposed to be a unified GemStone-Pharo implementation.
>> However, I had issues with that unified XMLParser package on gemsource (I emailed them).
>>
>> Therefore, I made an update of the XMLParser.g package (which is basically a merge-in of version 1.1.7).
>>
>> I think the metacello config on squeaksource still needs to be updated again. It now refers to the unified implementation, but that just does not work...
>>
>> Johan
>>
>> On 29 Mar 2011, at 17:46, Norbert Hartl wrote:
>>
>>> Today I changed my projects to use xml parser 1.1.8 instead of 1.0.5. But it breaks SIXX. I changed SIXX to be used with the newest xml parser.
>>>
>>> Name: SIXX-NorbertHartl.175
>>> Author: NorbertHartl
>>> Time: 03/29/2011, 17:45:01
>>> UUID: 2c270ba3-42d9-4e6c-8821-eb72bb2b8a7e
>>> Ancestors: SIXX-NorbertHartl.173, SIXX-DaleHenrichs.174
>>>
>>> Changed Sixx XML attribute reading to work with xml parser 1.1.9. XML Parser changed attributeAt: to return '' instead of nil.
>>> Just tweaked the adapter for the xml parser. It may be better to use '' instead of nil, too. But that needs further research.
>>> All tests pass.
>>>
>>> Norbert
>>
>

Reply | Threaded
|

Johan Brichau-2
Norbert, Dale,

I am the one who removed version 1.1.9 from the config.

Version 1.1.9 was loading only from gemsource and did not reference the squeaksource repository anymore (which is the official version). In addition, I had issues using that version in GemStone.
However, I made my own port at the same time and therefore published that version. I reverted the configs (because they were just not right).

I have no write access to XMLSupport, so I was only able to update the metacello config in the metacello repo. I contacted Alex about it, but I suspect I was not very clear. If one of you can move the config also in the XMLSupport repository, that would be great.

I have XMLWriter working correctly, but I'm using a local repository to load everything. I will check asap for the public repositories...

ps: Cool you updated SIXX. During the last couple of weeks, I had to switch between XMLParser versions if I wanted to import/export a database ;-)

Johan

On 29 Mar 2011, at 20:04, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> Norbert,
>
> I haven't looked, but you should be able to tell what happened by looking at the configuration history ... check in the xml repository ... that might be where the "master" configuration is stored as well ... I think there are multiple cooks playing with xml configuration and they are not all cognizant of the multiple needs/platforms being served by XMLSupport ...
>
> The version history should provide a clear picture of what's been going on and some merging or other monkey business might be called for ... perhaps an international meeting in some warm place to talk over the state of XML and reach an accord:)
>
> Shoot I could even be the one the monkeyed with the XML parser config:)
>
> Dale
>
> On Mar 29, 2011, at 10:54 AM, Norbert Hartl wrote:
>
>> Johan,
>>
>> I'm using XML-Parser.g-JohanBrichau.116 right now. I had a hard time to figure that out. Somehow on squeaksource/XMLSupport there in the configuration is a 1.1.9 version which hasn't configured anything special for gemstone. Than I found the one on MetacelloRepository which looked newer the one way (your xml parser in it) and older at the same time (no version 1.1.9). Very confusing. Can anybody that knows what happened clear this up? squeaksource/XMLSupport is the official development location. Anyway after being confused I mixed up the versions in the package description which seems to confuse you :)
>>
>> With this xml parser I got all tests in SIXX working but the XMLWriter doesn't work (I write a second mail).
>>
>> Norbert
>>
>> Am 29.03.2011 um 19:38 schrieb Johan Brichau:
>>
>>> Hi Norbert,
>>>
>>> Which version of XMLParser are you using for that?
>>>
>>> If I recall correctly, version 1.1.8 was supposed to be a unified GemStone-Pharo implementation.
>>> However, I had issues with that unified XMLParser package on gemsource (I emailed them).
>>>
>>> Therefore, I made an update of the XMLParser.g package (which is basically a merge-in of version 1.1.7).
>>>
>>> I think the metacello config on squeaksource still needs to be updated again. It now refers to the unified implementation, but that just does not work...
>>>
>>> Johan
>>>
>>> On 29 Mar 2011, at 17:46, Norbert Hartl wrote:
>>>
>>>> Today I changed my projects to use xml parser 1.1.8 instead of 1.0.5. But it breaks SIXX. I changed SIXX to be used with the newest xml parser.
>>>>
>>>> Name: SIXX-NorbertHartl.175
>>>> Author: NorbertHartl
>>>> Time: 03/29/2011, 17:45:01
>>>> UUID: 2c270ba3-42d9-4e6c-8821-eb72bb2b8a7e
>>>> Ancestors: SIXX-NorbertHartl.173, SIXX-DaleHenrichs.174
>>>>
>>>> Changed Sixx XML attribute reading to work with xml parser 1.1.9. XML Parser changed attributeAt: to return '' instead of nil.
>>>> Just tweaked the adapter for the xml parser. It may be better to use '' instead of nil, too. But that needs further research.
>>>> All tests pass.
>>>>
>>>> Norbert
>>>
>>
>

Reply | Threaded
|

Nick
Hi,

I'm struggling to get SIXX export/import to work and I presume I've a mismatch between my version of SIXX and XML.
The latest SIXX appears to be: http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/SIXX/SIXX-NorbertHartl.175, which refers to xml parser 1.1.9.
However ConfigurationOfGsSIXX (0.3-c) has a dependancy to XML Parser 1.0.5.

XML support files appear to exist in multiple repositories - I can't find xml parser 1.1.9

Any clues how to get a working combination of XML and SIXX gratefully received.

Cheers

Nick

On 29 March 2011 20:06, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
Norbert, Dale,

Version 1.1.9 was loading only from gemsource and did not reference the squeaksource repository anymore (which is the official version). In addition, I had issues using that version in GemStone.
However, I made my own port at the same time and therefore published that version. I reverted the configs (because they were just not right).

I have no write access to XMLSupport, so I was only able to update the metacello config in the metacello repo. I contacted Alex about it, but I suspect I was not very clear. If one of you can move the config also in the XMLSupport repository, that would be great.

I have XMLWriter working correctly, but I'm using a local repository to load everything. I will check asap for the public repositories...

ps: Cool you updated SIXX. During the last couple of weeks, I had to switch between XMLParser versions if I wanted to import/export a database ;-)

Johan

> Norbert,
>
> I haven't looked, but you should be able to tell what happened by looking at the configuration history ... check in the xml repository ... that might be where the "master" configuration is stored as well ... I think there are multiple cooks playing with xml configuration and they are not all cognizant of the multiple needs/platforms being served by XMLSupport ...
>
> The version history should provide a clear picture of what's been going on and some merging or other monkey business might be called for ... perhaps an international meeting in some warm place to talk over the state of XML and reach an accord:)
>
>
> Dale
>
>
>> Johan,
>>
>> I'm using XML-Parser.g-JohanBrichau.116 right now. I had a hard time to figure that out. Somehow on squeaksource/XMLSupport there in the configuration is a 1.1.9 version which hasn't configured anything special for gemstone. Than I found the one on MetacelloRepository which looked newer the one way (your xml parser in it) and older at the same time (no version 1.1.9). Very confusing. Can anybody that knows what happened clear this up? squeaksource/XMLSupport is the official development location. Anyway after being confused I mixed up the versions in the package description which seems to confuse you :)
>>
>> With this xml parser I got all tests in SIXX working but the XMLWriter doesn't work (I write a second mail).
>>
>> Norbert
>>
>>
>>> Hi Norbert,
>>>
>>>
>>> If I recall correctly, version 1.1.8 was supposed to be a unified GemStone-Pharo implementation.
>>> However, I had issues with that unified XMLParser package on gemsource (I emailed them).
>>>
>>> Therefore, I made an update of the XMLParser.g package (which is basically a merge-in of version 1.1.7).
>>>
>>> I think the metacello config on squeaksource still needs to be updated again. It now refers to the unified implementation, but that just does not work...
>>>
>>> Johan
>>>
>>>
>>>> Today I changed my projects to use xml parser 1.1.8 instead of 1.0.5. But it breaks SIXX. I changed SIXX to be used with the newest xml parser.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Changed Sixx XML attribute reading to work with xml parser 1.1.9. XML Parser changed attributeAt: to return '' instead of nil.
>>>> Just tweaked the adapter for the xml parser. It may be better to use '' instead of nil, too. But that needs further research.
>>>> All tests pass.
>>>>
>>>> Norbert
>>>
>>
>

Reply | Threaded
|

NorbertHartl
Nick,

I was myself confused back then what is the right version number (thus the wrong comment). IIRC the version 1.1.9 was bogus and has been removed. The version 1.1.8 has been revised and is the right one at this time. I load the xml parser successfully with

Gofer new
        squeaksource: 'XMLSupport';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfXMLSupport';
        load.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfXMLSupport) project version: '1.1.8') load.

And I use Sixx on a daily base. I load it this way

Gofer new 
   gemsource: 'SIXX';
   package: 'SIXX'; 
   load

And then of course I use it with the sixx utilitiy at

hope that helps,

Norbert

Am 02.06.2011 um 09:57 schrieb Nick Ager:

Hi,

I'm struggling to get SIXX export/import to work and I presume I've a mismatch between my version of SIXX and XML.
The latest SIXX appears to be: http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/SIXX/SIXX-NorbertHartl.175, which refers to xml parser 1.1.9.

XML support files appear to exist in multiple repositories - I can't find xml parser 1.1.9

Cheers

Nick

Norbert, Dale,

Johan

> Norbert,
>
>
>
>
> Dale
>
>
>> Johan,
>>
>>
>>
>> Norbert
>>
>>
>>> Hi Norbert,
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Johan
>>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> All tests pass.
>>>>
>>>> Norbert
>>>
>>
>

Reply | Threaded
|

Nick
Hi Norbert,

Thanks SIXX no works perfectly for me

Nick

On 2 June 2011 10:00, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nick,

I was myself confused back then what is the right version number (thus the wrong comment). IIRC the version 1.1.9 was bogus and has been removed. The version 1.1.8 has been revised and is the right one at this time. I load the xml parser successfully with

Gofer new
        load.

Gofer new 
   load

hope that helps,

Norbert

Hi,

Cheers

Nick

Norbert, Dale,

Johan

> Norbert,
>
>
>
>
> Dale
>
>
>> Johan,
>>
>>
>>
>> Norbert
>>
>>
>>> Hi Norbert,
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Johan
>>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> All tests pass.
>>>>
>>>> Norbert
>>>
>>
>

Reply | Threaded
|

Nick
Opps typo

Thanks SIXX noW works perfectly for me

On 3 June 2011 03:09, Nick Ager <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Norbert,

Thanks SIXX no works perfectly for me

Nick

On 2 June 2011 10:00, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nick,

Gofer new
        load.

Gofer new 
   load

hope that helps,

Norbert

Hi,

Cheers

Nick

Norbert, Dale,

Johan

> Norbert,
>
>
>
>
> Dale
>
>
>> Johan,
>>
>>
>>
>> Norbert
>>
>>
>>> Hi Norbert,
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Johan
>>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> All tests pass.
>>>>
>>>> Norbert
>>>
>>
>

Reply | Threaded
|

dario trussardi
In reply to this post by NorbertHartl

Ciao Norbert,

i have some data to transfer from Gemstone 2.4   to 3.1.0  environment.

I think to use your sixx-utility-for-gemstone  but in the repository i don't find any package.

MCHttpRepository
	user: 'small'
	password: 'talk'

Can you help me to load the relative package 

or i can transfer my data in other mode ?

Thanks for any considerations,

Dario

hope that helps,

Norbert

Reply | Threaded
|

NorbertHartl
Dario, 

sorry for replying so late. Im on vacation in italy right now ;)

In the url exchange misc with gemstone and you should find it.

Norbert

Am 08.08.2012 um 15:37 schrieb Dario Trussardi <[hidden email]>:

Ciao Norbert,

i have some data to transfer from Gemstone 2.4   to 3.1.0  environment.

I think to use your sixx-utility-for-gemstone  but in the repository i don't find any package.

MCHttpRepository
	user: 'small'
	password: 'talk'

Can you help me to load the relative package 

or i can transfer my data in other mode ?

Thanks for any considerations,

Dario

hope that helps,

Norbert