SNMP Engine: defaultProcessingPolicyClass

SNMP Engine: defaultProcessingPolicyClass

Mathan Mahenthiran
Hi! We are developing an SNMP Manager Application and we are having trouble running the code below.

When we are trying to run the line  ' engine1 send: msg' below it returns an unhandled exception "defaultProcessingPolicyClass".

We don't think it has anything specifics to do with SNMP but with Opentalk RequestBroker.

Also you may have to run the code line by line.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

    engine1 := SNMPEngine newUdpAtPort:10161.
    engine1 start.
        msg := SNMPAbstractMessage getRequest.
        msg destTransportAddress: ( IPSocketAddress hostAddress: #[134 117 53 85] port: 10162 ).
        msg pdu addPduBindingKey: ( Asn1OBJECTIDENTIFIER value: oid ).
    engine1 send: msg
    engine1 close.
    engine1 release.

Re: SNMP Engine: defaultProcessingPolicyClass

kobetic
The SNMP preview code hasn't been touched in a while, and it's quite possible that it got out of sync with the latest versions of the Core of Opentalk. ProcessingPolicy is a relatively recent addition. Your best bet is going back to an earlier version of VW (VW7 or so). I wouldn't expect it to be too difficult to bring the SNMP code back into sync with VW7.5 version of the Core, but I'm afraid you're on your own there atm. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful right now.

Martin