classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SQL Server ENCODINGS

Maarten Mostert-2
Hi,

I am playing around with checking up database server encoding in order to be sure that Glorp, EXDI and the server all speak the same language.

Now in SQL Serveur the SQL statement::   <<   SELECT serverproperty('Collation')  >> should return in my case:   French_CI_AS

Even if I use the Ad-Hoc tool it will return a <<keyNotFoundErrorFor: selector index: key>>

with the key being -150.

Notice that in postgreSQL these things work fine and you are happy to execute thigs like:

serverEncoding := (accessor basicExecuteSQLString: 'SHOW server_encoding')
                                next first.
                    clientEncoding := (accessor basicExecuteSQLString: 'SHOW client_encoding')
                                next first.
                    serverEncoding = clientEncoding
                        ifFalse:
                            [Etc.............

Rgrds, Maarten,

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Glorp-development] SQL Server ENCODINGS

Alan Knight-2
It appears that the type conversion map doesn't know about type -150. Adding a key of -150 with a value of #String to the dictionary in question seems to make it do something reasonable.

At 09:23 AM 6/23/2007, Maarten Mostert wrote:
Hi,

I am playing around with checking up database server encoding in order to be sure that Glorp, EXDI and the server all speak the same language.

Now in SQL Serveur the SQL statement::   <<   SELECT serverproperty('Collation')  >> should return in my case:   French_CI_AS

Even if I use the Ad-Hoc tool it will return a <<keyNotFoundErrorFor: selector index: key>>

with the key being -150.

Notice that in postgreSQL these things work fine and you are happy to execute thigs like:

serverEncoding := (accessor basicExecuteSQLString: 'SHOW server_encoding')
                                next first.
                    clientEncoding := (accessor basicExecuteSQLString: 'SHOW client_encoding')
                                next first.
                    serverEncoding = clientEncoding
                        ifFalse:
                            [Etc.............

Rgrds, Maarten,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/

--
Alan Knight [|], Cincom Smalltalk Development