SQL Server

linkerstorm
Hi.

With Pharo 6.1, how to connect to a SQL Server database ?

Thanks.

Re: SQL Server

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
I'm not an expert but have a look at  DBXTalk
<https://guillep.github.io/DBXTalk/garage/drivers.html>  . If I understand
correctly, it is able to connect to SQL Server.

Re: SQL Server

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Ah, I have seen your message on SO. Sorry, I can't help more. Maybe someone
knows how to install DBXTalk on pharo 6.1. Have you tried to contact the
authors or the community (https://guillep.github.io/DBXTalk/contact.html) ?

Re: SQL Server

linkerstorm
Thanks for the suggestion but already tried with no luck : only the drivers for MySql, PostgresV2 and Sqlite3exist, no OpenDbx driver available, despite the documentation...

Le mar. 12 juin 2018 à 22:26, orsayman via Pharo-users <[hidden email]> a écrit :
I'm not an expert but have a look at  DBXTalk
<https://guillep.github.io/DBXTalk/garage/drivers.html>  . If I understand
correctly, it is able to connect to SQL Server.

Re: SQL Server

linkerstorm
Thanks.

Following your suggestion, I found this thread, with the same problem :
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/dbxtalk/xoQILQhu_mo
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/dbxtalk/xoQILQhu_mo>

I'm not alone anymore

Re: SQL Server

eftomi
Hi, are there any news regarding SQL Server access from Pharo..?

Re: SQL Server

eftomi
PS: I managed to connect to SQL Server with ODBC package (loaded from Project
Catalog) in Pharo 6.0, however I have problems with character encodings.

following in Transcript:

Fetched -> ODBC-TorstenBergmann.14 ---
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/PharoExtras/ODBC/main/ ---
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/PharoExtras/ODBC/main/MessageNotUnderstood:
RBParser>>externalFunctionDeclaration

And, of course, I'd like to use Glorp :-)