SSL Exception on running the first example of Live Object Programming mooc

SSL Exception on running the first example of Live Object Programming mooc

ahdach

Hi All,

Newbie to Pharo (48 hours). I'm going through the excellent mooc by Stephane D. and his team.

I've installed Pharo and run into an error when trying to run my second expression.

Here it is:

(ZnEasy getPng:'http://pharo.org/web/files/pharo.png') asMorph openInWindow

And I have the following error: "SSL Exception: connect failed".

What am I missing?

Mohamed

Re: SSL Exception on running the first example of Live Object Programming mooc

EstebanLM
Hi,

I hope your journey will be cool!

On 28 Mar 2017, at 11:28, Ahdach Mohamed <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All,

Newbie to Pharo (48 hours). I'm going through the excellent mooc by Stephane D. and his team.

I've installed Pharo and run into an error when trying to run my second expression.

Here it is:

(ZnEasy getPng:'http://pharo.org/web/files/pharo.png') asMorph openInWindow

And I have the following error: "SSL Exception: connect failed".

What am I missing?

there is nothing missing.
Currently we have a problem in our web site (that uses a non-supported encrypt method), we are going to fix it soon, but for now please use this alternative:

(ZnEasy getPng:'http://files.pharo.org/media/logo/logo-flat-small.png') asMorph openInWindow.

cheers!
Esteban

Mohamed

Re: SSL Exception on running the first example of Live Object Programming mooc

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 28 Mar 2017, at 11:36, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I hope your journey will be cool!
>
>> On 28 Mar 2017, at 11:28, Ahdach Mohamed <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Newbie to Pharo (48 hours). I'm going through the excellent mooc by Stephane D. and his team.
>>
>> I've installed Pharo and run into an error when trying to run my second expression.
>>
>> Here it is:
>>
>> (ZnEasy getPng:'http://pharo.org/web/files/pharo.png') asMorph openInWindow
>>
>> And I have the following error: "SSL Exception: connect failed".
>>
>> What am I missing?
>>

> there is nothing missing.
> Currently we have a problem in our web site (that uses a non-supported encrypt method), we are going to fix it soon, but for now please use this alternative:
>
> (ZnEasy getPng:'http://files.pharo.org/media/logo/logo-flat-small.png') asMorph openInWindow.

Or this alternative (lose the 'web' part):

(ZnEasy getPng:'http://pharo.org/files/pharo.png') asMorph openInWindow

> cheers!
> Esteban
>
>> Mohamed

Re: SSL Exception on running the first example of Live Object Programming mooc

ahdach
Thanks to Both of you.