ST3D installation problem

Joseph Frippiat-2
Hello,

I just bought ST3D.  When I try to install it on Dolphin Smalltalk 5.1.4, I
get this message in the System Transcript :

Error: CcEditorShell>>initKeyActionMaps at line 21: undeclared 'UP'

and the installation is interrupted.

What is the problem ?

Thanks for the help

Joseph

Re: ST3D installation problem

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Joseph,

> I just bought ST3D.  When I try to install it on Dolphin Smalltalk 5.1.4, I
> get this message in the System Transcript :
>
> Error: CcEditorShell>>initKeyActionMaps at line 21: undeclared 'UP'
>
> and the installation is interrupted.
>
> What is the problem ?

Just a hunch (I don't use it), it looks like a missing pool dictionary
entry.  Are you certain you are installing packages in the correct
order?  Dolphin has gotten a lot better about handling that [*] over
time, but it's worth checking.  You might also look at the pool
dictionaries used by CcEditorShell to see if they indeed define UP.  The
exercise might give you a hint about a load order that might succeed.
Also, look at the package pre/post load scripts; in fact, I would do
that first because it is proably easier to do.

Ian's Chunk Browser shold be quite helpful in viewing the files.  Sorry
I can't be of any real help.

Have a good one,

Bill

[*] almost too good; I would like to see a way to disable automatic
confusion about load order.

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: ST3D installation problem

Sean Malloy-10
> I just bought ST3D.  When I try to install it on Dolphin Smalltalk 5.1.4,
> get this message in the System Transcript :
>
> Error: CcEditorShell>>initKeyActionMaps at line 21: undeclared 'UP'

You'll need to modify the method, and place quotes around any of the symbols
with + characters in them..

IE:

#SHIFT+UP should be:

#'SHIFT+UP'

There are two methods with those issues.

Re: ST3D installation problem

Joseph Frippiat-2
Hi Sean,

Thanks.

I did that with the help of Chris Hayes.  Now I have other problem: I cann't
run the CoolPool example, I get this error when I launch it :

2:02:42, dimanche 3 avril 2005: 'CcPoint3DArray does not understand
#uncheckedAt:'
CcPoint3DArray(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
[] in CcPoint3DArray(ExternalStructure)>>doesNotUnderstand:
IdentityDictionary(LookupTable)>>at:ifAbsent:
CcPoint3DArray(ExternalStructure)>>doesNotUnderstand:
CcPoint3DArray(ExternalArray)>>uncheckedFrom:to:keysAndValuesDo:
CcPoint3DArray(ExternalArray)>>from:to:keysAndValuesDo:
CcPoint3DArray(ExternalArray)>>keysAndValuesDo:
CcPoint3DArray(ExternalArray)>>do:
OrderedCollection>>addAllLast:
OrderedCollection(SequencedGrowableCollection)>>addAll:
CcMeshGeometry>>computeBoundingBox
CcMeshGeometry(CcGeometry)>>boundingBox
CcMeshShape(CcShape)>>dimension
CcMeshShape(CcShape)>>clone
CcMeshShape>>clone
PgPoolGameShell>>addBalls
PgPoolGameShell>>onViewOpened
PgPoolGameShell(Shell)>>view:
PgPoolGameShell(Shell)>>createView:
PgPoolGameShell class(Shell class)>>create:
PgPoolGameShell class(Presenter class)>>create
PgPoolGameShell class(Presenter class)>>show
[] in PgPoolGameShell class>>samplesFolderIcon
[] in SmalltalkSystemIcon>>openIn:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Cursor>>showWhile:
SmalltalkSystemIcon>>openIn:
FolderPresenter>>openItem:
Message>>forwardTo:with:
Message>>value:value:
FolderPresenter>>onActionPerformed
ListView(View)>>performAction
FolderPresenter(Presenter)>>performAction
ListView(IconicListAbstract)>>onLeftButtonDoubleClicked:
FolderPresenter(Presenter)>>onLeftButtonDoubleClicked:
ListView(View)>>wmLButtonDblClk:wParam:lParam:
ListView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
[] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
ShellView(View)>>isDialogMessage:
ShellView>>preTranslateMouseInput:
ShellView(View)>>preTranslateMessage:
InputState>>preTranslateMessage:
InputState>>pumpMessage:
InputState>>loopWhile:
InputState>>mainLoop
[] in InputState>>forkMain

Did you or somebody else on this list succeed to make something useful with
ST3D and Dolphin Smalltalk 5.1.4 on Windows XP ?

Thanks

Joseph

"Sean Malloy" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

>> I just bought ST3D.  When I try to install it on Dolphin Smalltalk 5.1.4,
>> get this message in the System Transcript :
>>
>> Error: CcEditorShell>>initKeyActionMaps at line 21: undeclared 'UP'
>
> You'll need to modify the method, and place quotes around any of the
> symbols with + characters in them..
>
> IE:
>
> #SHIFT+UP should be:
>
> #'SHIFT+UP'
>
> There are two methods with those issues.

Re: ST3D installation problem

Chris Uppal-3
Joseph Frippiat wrote:

> 2:02:42, dimanche 3 avril 2005: 'CcPoint3DArray does not understand
> #uncheckedAt:'
> CcPoint3DArray(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
> [] in CcPoint3DArray(ExternalStructure)>>doesNotUnderstand:
> IdentityDictionary(LookupTable)>>at:ifAbsent:
> CcPoint3DArray(ExternalStructure)>>doesNotUnderstand:
> CcPoint3DArray(ExternalArray)>>uncheckedFrom:to:keysAndValuesDo:

That sounds as if its a side-effect of a change introduced in one of the
patches to D5 (I can't remember which one).  The implementation of
ExternalArray>>keysAndValuesDo: (which underlies most of the methods for
iterating over external arrays) was changed to check its bounds first and only
then loop over the elements, using #encheckedAt: instead of the checked method
#at:.  The "real" collections had comparable changes where necessary.

It was a sensible change, but had the unfortunate (for a dot-dot release)
effect of breaking existing code, since subclasses were now expected to provide
#uncheckedAt:[put:] rather than #at:[put:] as they had been before.

The simplest (but not best) fix is to add:
        uncheckedAt: anInteger
             ^ self at: anInteger.
to the relevant subclass.  A better solution would be to create
#uncheckedAt:[put:] methods in the relevant subclasses.  It is likely that the
existing implementation of #at:[put:] can just be renamed unless the subclass
implementation provides more bounds checking than is necessary for most
ExternalArray subclasses.

A note for OA -- I think it would be a good idea to provide
#subclassResponsibility skeleton implementations of
ExternalArray>>uncheckedAt:[put:].

    -- chris

Re: ST3D installation problem

Joseph Frippiat-2