ST80 Pharo smalltalk based ebook for iphone goes to 1.1.0

ST80 Pharo smalltalk based ebook for iphone goes to 1.1.0

johnmci
After 10 days of waiting Apple has approved for sale my ST80Docs
iPhone app, which is the Pharo based source code eBook.

http://mobilewikiserver.com/ST80Docs.html

Lurking under the covers is really a Pharo1.0beta-10401web09.07.5
image/changes/source which comes from Aug 8th 2009 which is wrapped
with some UIKit UI code from WikiServer and some modifications to the
Seaside code browser app to enable code browsing from a read only
perspective and will actually work with Mobile Safari on the iPhone.

This replaces alpha version of Pharo dated early April 09 which was in
the 1.0.0 ST80Docs product.

The html generator is now 30% faster so the application is more
responsive.

{Well actually the VM is 30% faster because I forgot a compiler
setting when building the 1.0.0 product, and on a iPhone 3G most of
the time is taken by javascript consuming the menu items that list the
100's of methods etc for a class}

PS I did tap update to upgrade from 10401 but it hung at some point in
stuck with the *approved* 10401 version.

Obviously when Pharo 1.0 production ships I will again update the
application as soon as the Seaside/Pier folks build the official web
version.

If anyone wants some USA promo codes for a test run, you can email me
not the list for them

--
=
=

Re: ST80 Pharo smalltalk based ebook for iphone goes to 1.1.0

Alexandre Bergel
Just bought it!

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu